This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Heck

I have a good friend here in my town that is a Stude freak- and has been since they were current [8D] He has several restorables in several buildings- a S/C Golden Hawk, Avanti, 49(?) conv... plus one from the 30s that he says is I believe the only one known left in existance (rough but complete and inside)

Anyway, for years he's been rescuing them from the crusher; he absolutely refuses to let anything Stude EVER get scrapped... so he has a place called Studebaker H***; a secret, completely hidden "ancient burial ground" that he lets VERY few even see... I was given a tour this summer (impossible to find without him [:0])... what I found was a pretty large stash; some of which are pictured here- 20 pics:

Yes, that's a S/C GH- and yes, he's got the engine and S/C []

He says that mobile home hauler is extremely rare...

Nothing here will EVER be allowed to be scrapped- at least while he or I are alive But he'd probably sell parts if you assure him it's to keep another Stude going...

He's been involved in racing for 30+ years; now he plans on getting out and finally getting the Studes restored [8D] He has extensive equipment for resto work; and is a great old-school craftsman... I guarantee he'll do them proud!

In the meantime... hope you enjoy the pics of the not-so-fortunate ones in his collection... and if you see something you want, let me know and I'll be glad to put you in touch with him!

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

linkee no workee
    Now I really wanna see them, too.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Proud new owner of a 56 Power Hawk!

Comment

linkee no workee
      Now I really wanna see them, too.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
      Proud new owner of a 56 Power Hawk!

Comment

Wouldn't work at first. Played a bit and finally got thru but only one picture.[?] Want to see more!

'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
        '64 Daytona HT
        \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
        \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Wouldn't work at first. Played a bit and finally got thru but only one picture.[?] Want to see more!

'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
          '64 Daytona HT
          \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
          \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Oops- uploaded the pics but forgot to add to the page [:I][:I]

I edited the link; should work fine now...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Oops- uploaded the pics but forgot to add to the page [:I][:I]

I edited the link; should work fine now...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

They look like they are all melting!
                He had better get started soon<G>

5E13
                7E7
                8E7
                8E12
                8E28
                4E2
                59 Lark
                etc

Comment

5E13
                  7E7
                  8E7
                  8E12
                  8E28
                  4E2
                  59 Lark
                  etc

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Transtar60

As I said, the restorables are all safely tucked away in his multiple buildings; these are the PARTS cars...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Transtar60

As I said, the restorables are all safely tucked away in his multiple buildings; these are the PARTS cars...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

That's a pretty neat 58 Hardtop.

Comment

That's a pretty neat 58 Hardtop.

Comment

Looks strikenly similiar to the pictures of the former dealership in South Carolina that was the subject of a post several weeks ago.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Looks strikenly similiar to the pictures of the former dealership in South Carolina that was the subject of a post several weeks ago.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Working...
                              X