One trick and a little horn tone help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: One trick and a little horn tone help needed

OK--first the basics--1950 Stude/4 door/Champion with two horns under the hood. Three Questions first. 1. Do the two horns have a different tone? 2. Does anyone have the yellow plastic isolator pieces that covers the bolt holding the flat pieces together? 3. Is there a specific inch clearance (1,2, or 3 thousands) between the points for a specific horn tone? Now the Tip. I did get one horn to work..I used shrink wrap to cover the bolt head and most of the thread to isolate it from the different flat pieces, but I can't seem to get the other one to work. There is some spiral wire wrapped around something white..but that something is broke (I did ohm the wire and it does ohm out). If you have this same problem when the bolt grounds out the individual pieces try shrink wrap( I used about 3/16 inch wrap, might have been 1/4 in..but, it covered the bolt head also. thanks

Yes, they were/are two tones. I don't know about changing the tone, old horns often had an adjusting screw, but don't know how it worked, either.

Comment

The adjustment is just the point gap adjustment. There has to be a certain gap to work properly. The one is governed by the length of the tube/ coiled tubing, and the diameter of the metal diaphragm that creates the sound.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
      X