PDA

View Full Version : Mind-blowing acquisitions by French Lake, including Studes

Bob Andrews
04-19-2013, 04:40 AM
http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/news/editors-picks/salvage-yard-adds-chrysler-300s-eldorados-other-50s-treasures?et_mid=613131&rid=3382320

raprice
04-19-2013, 07:19 AM
Wow! We don't have anything like that here on Long Island, due to EPA regulations. It would be fun to walk around those cars and take interesting photos. There seems to be a larger number of Chrysler products there. Love those Studes.
Rog

snowy_buffalo
04-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Previously discussed here:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?70076-Studebakers-for-sale&highlight=french+lake

Bob Andrews
04-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Sorry, if the title had been descriptive I would have seen it and known not to repost.

evilhawk
04-19-2013, 10:19 AM
To bad French Lake always wants top dollar for the cars they attempt to sell and crush the ones they dont. I see way to many good restorable cars being crushed at that place. I remember seeing a rare Hudson Terra-plane business coupe getting fork lifted into the crusher. Im pretty sure all the cars shown on that website will be gone soon if no one tries to buy them. Sad thing is, there are not many nice rust free cars here in MN, but somehow there are a lot of them in French Lake. I think the owner goes out of state to find a lot of the cars they have.

bob40
04-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Glad the link was posted as it was fun for me to see all those cars close up and this way others can view them vicariously.Titus's pictures are just a teaser.
I suppose I could have posted the pics of the off topic cars but Skip,the owner of French Lake Auto Parts(one of my clients) was giving me the opportunity to show the Studebakers to the Forum members and I didnt want the topic to be off topic.I could have posted about the rest of the cars in Stove Huggers but no pics can be posted there.
My title indicated Studebakers at French Lake. I chose not to mention the truly awesome rest of the collection most of which has changed hands already.
I have been marketing a few of the orphans with some success.There are quite a bit of smaller items that I hope to go through when the snow stops.
I will be finding out more about that shortly,possibly tomorrow.If there is anything Studebaker it will be reported.

Sidebar note.Last Fall I was at FLAP and Titus was there picking up a 1947 Chevrolet that looked very familiar.We chatted a bit and he said Skip had just got it in and he bought it.I knew I knew that car from somewhere.Fast forward to this March when I am taking pics and talking to Skip.I was telling him of a collection of 80 cars I had found and had been in contact several times with the sons of the widow who owned them.I wasnt getting anywhere even after agreeing to their price for the cars.I couldnt get them to commit to the deal.Skip asks where and I tell him and it turns out FLAP bought the lot last Fall paying a bit more than they had offered them to me.The '47 Chevy was one of the cars.Small world when it comes to cars.In the end it was best they got them as it would have taken me a long time to haul that many vehicles and find a place to store them.Cars can be a pain and I prefer just parts.