Crankshaft Part Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crankshaft Part Number

I have a crankshaft I want to sell. I think it may possibly be NOS; still has the wax coating on it. Tag on it says for a 259 V8 Lark. Where is the part # on a crankshaft? I don't see one anywhere and would like to verify it's application. Thanks.

There should be a casting number on one of the counterweights. From that number, we could confirm what engine it's for.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The only number I see is a "10" inside of what looks like a stamped shield design. There is also a "G" next to that.

Comment

You need to look closer, that is just the Inspection Stamp. It is on one of the more rounded Counterweights.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes, I did need to look closer! It's 536452. Thanks

Comment

With that 6 digit Casting Number, it is not going to be a "long snout", (Nose) Crank for a Late '62 to '64 full flow V8 Engine.

We may have to compare your number to known cranks to be sure it is a '55 to Early '62 259, which it probably is.
            That is because the Parts Catalog only shows Part Numbers of the finished machined part, not the casting Number of the raw Casting.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have that as a 259 crank, but like Rich says, that doesn't specify the vintage of it. Of course, from a functional standpoint, it WOULD serve in any 55 or later 259 project.
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Washtubman View Post
                Yes, I did need to look closer! It's 536452. Thanks
                Go over to Chuck Collins site at www.studebakerparts.com and scroll down to Engine and then look on his crankshaft identification page for the casting number.
                Bo

Comment

Working...
                X