PDA

View Full Version : Dreams come true - 1965 Daytona

Scott
04-14-2013, 07:59 PM
I should have posted this a couple of years ago. This car was saved from the crusher in Minnesota and I put enough into it to get it roadworthy. It turned out it didn't take a lot to get it running, but it needed a complete brake job and gas tank and several other things. I doubt it had moved under its own power since at least the 1980s. As I never thought I'd be able to complete a real restoration of this magnitude I found a buyer 1000 miles away in Georgia. He flew up to get the car and drove it home. I had only gotten to drive it about 10 miles before he headed out cross country. He made it.

Here is a "before" picture:

Here is "after". The buyer had been wanting a turquoise 1965 Daytona since he was a boy and saw one. Now he has one!

Scott
04-14-2013, 08:00 PM
How can the pictures show in the post? I usually can see them.

R_David
04-14-2013, 09:06 PM
That is a pretty amazing difference in the before and after pictures. I love that color. It really pops.

StudeRich
04-14-2013, 09:15 PM
I wish I knew the answer to that one Scott, I don't know who did this, or WHEN this happened but it's been driving me crazy not being able to just Post my Pics.

Last night I fought for HOURS trying to downsize a couple pics for the who drove their Stude. today post. One I never could get right and the rest are like yours, only just an open able LINK and not displayed?????????? :confused: :(

Milaca
04-14-2013, 10:10 PM
I copied and pasted the link like a Photobucket photo.
This car is just begging for white wall tires, but otherwise looks great!
http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22993&d=1365987525

candbstudebakers
04-14-2013, 10:10 PM
I wish I knew the answer to that one Scott, I don't know who did this, or WHEN this happened but it's been driving me crazy not being able to just Post my Pics.

Last night I fought for HOURS trying to downsize a couple pics for the who drove their Stude. today post. One I never could get right and the rest are like yours, only just an open able LINK and not displayed?????????? :confused: :(

Rich , get in touch with Dick Steinkamp when he is home and have him show you, he lives there by you ..Bob

Scott
04-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Thanks Milaca. I don't understand why the attach photo icon doesn't make it show up in the post. It used to. Maybe I need a refresher course.

sals54
04-15-2013, 01:59 AM
B*tchin ride Scott. I love what you've done to the car.

BobPalma
04-15-2013, 07:07 AM
Very nice, Scott. Pretty car. Congrats on the work. :!: BP

57pack
04-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Great Job Scott!
Hope my Wagonaire turns out as nice!
Love that color

Blue 15G
04-15-2013, 07:49 AM
The car looks great!

Dave Bonn
'54 Champion Starliner

Scott
04-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I didn't do any cosmetic work! When the new owner drove it to Georgia from Minnesota it looked like the "before" picture" In fact, I think that's him at the wheel. If I could have done all that other stuff I wouldn't have sold the car! I wish I could see it person again. I had it about two years while it was getting mechanically fixed up and only drove it about ten miles, like I said. Then he picked it up and turned it from an ugly duckling into a swan.

Sometimes I just get a car that's on its last legs and get it to a point that's driveable (or more driveable) and then after a few years I realize I can't get it all done in my lifetime and sell it to someone who can take it the rest of the way. I get to save a car, have a little fun and education and someone else gets the project they've been looking for at a good price.

So far with these deals I just barely break even.

rusty65
04-15-2013, 09:07 PM
http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22993&d=1365987525[/QUOTE]

.....same color scheme as mine! However, mine dosen't look like that now,lol.What a beaut! Best of luck to the new owner.