Window blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window blinds

For anyone who has a set of venetians in their sedan, how are they attached? Did you buy the set or did they already come with the car?

For a Starlight Coupe, the blind frame will fold, like a knife. When made straight part of the frame on the top and bottom slip behind the rubber holding the window in place. My wife found them while we were walking around the York meet several years ago. They were NOS in the original box.
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champion
    \'50 Starlight Champion
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	'51-3.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	1716345

Name:	P4140125_zps02b8604b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1716346

Name:	P4140126_zps66cafdaa.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1716347

Name:	P4140128_zps01486fc9.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	1716348
      Last edited by rockne10; 09-12-2017, 05:50 PM. Reason: updated photo server
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks very much. That's the sort of info I was looking for and it confirmed what I assumed about their installation, that it was some sort of tucking into the frame to place them. When you say the frame folds, looking at your photos, is the folding part just that small section towards the top of the 2 brackets?

Do you like them, other than the appearance?

Comment

Originally posted by LeoH View Post
          For anyone who has a set of venetians in their sedan, how are they attached? Did you buy the set or did they already come with the car?
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Wow. $13.00.
            How wide are the slats and how far apart are they set?

Comment

Would love to get a set of these someday. Anyone know if they come up for sale very often, or how rare they are? Thanks...
              sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
              Regal Deluxe Trim
              Automatic transmission
              46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

Rockne, could you measure how wide the slats are on your blinds, and how far apart they are on the brackets sometime?

Thanks,

Comment

The slats are about 1 1/4" wide and 1 1/2" apart. As you said, they make the back seat real cozy, but really restrict vision. Especially over your right shoulder when you check your blind spot.
                  Perry
                  \'50 Business Champion
                  \'50 Starlight Champion
                  \'60 Lark Convertible,
                  \'63 GT R1,
                  \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Originally posted by deco_droid View Post
                    Would love to get a set of these someday. Anyone know if they come up for sale very often, or how rare they are? Thanks...
                    I would classify them as currently rare. Used to see them installed on cars at meets years ago. (Check an OLD T/W Int'l Meet Issue for pics.) Not so much anymore. They do not come up for sale very often. But there must be a number of them on restored cars tucked away that we don't see anymore.
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Mine measure about 1-1/4" apart and 1-3/8" wide. I got them from Matt Burnette from those collected by Tom Elliott.

Name:	P4230135.jpg
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1679864Click image for larger version

Name:	P4230132.jpg
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1679863Click image for larger version

Name:	P4230134.jpg
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	1679865Click image for larger version

Name:	P4230139.JPG
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1679866Click image for larger version

Name:	P4230140.JPG
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1679867
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by rockne10; 09-12-2017, 05:52 PM.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The 66 Cruiser I sold to a club member (Dick) in Arkansas has Venetian blinds. It's the only 1960s Studebaker I've ever seen with them and they looked pretty good.
                        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          The 66 Cruiser I sold to a club member (Dick) in Arkansas has Venetian blinds. It's the only 1960s Studebaker I've ever seen with them and they looked pretty good.
                          Any idea Scott if they were like the ones in Rockne's car, or another type sold for the later 60s cars?
                          Last edited by LeoH; 04-23-2013, 09:22 PM.

Comment

It's tough to tell from the ad scan, but are those window awings solid, or fine mesh?
                            Pretty funky looking. I could roll them, but I think my wife would squawk at those. Depending on how they look in the flesh, er mesh, she might have to do the funky chicken.

Comment

Here is a picture of a 64 Cruiser that was for sale about a year ago in Turlock, CA that had louvers on the back. There was also one recently in TX that had them, but the car was kinda rough.

Mark
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X