58 Silverhawk in MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Silverhawk in MN

I think this car was sitting at french lake junk yard for a while. I know nothing about it but it looks pretty interesting.

From the pictures it does not look like a snow bird car, at least not from the fenders.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

This is a car that french lake got in a package of cars from a collection I think out of WI. If I'am right it was one of like 250 cars. It looks rebuildable the price is close depending on the shape it's truely in. I have to many things in the fire now to even consider it.

Comment

It has a pretty nice looking front grill emblem. About 6-7 years ago, I put an NOS one on ebay with a BIN for $75, and it was gone in less than an hour.

Comment

A big part of me wants to borrow a tow dolly to put behind the GT, and go get that car. But don't know what I'd do with it afterward. Also feel guilty in not helping keep the ones already out there on the road, i.e. two different, beautiful 56Js, whose owners have asked for help with mechanicals, that I just cannot find time to get round to either of them.

Comment

Im kinda in the same situation. I would love to grab that car and fix it up, but I really have no where to put it and too many things going in life right now. It seems like I always find deals when I cant take them

Comment

If anyone needs someone to go check it out PM me. I may go anyway but you know what they say about killing the cat.

Comment

Well guess what I couldn't take it any longer so I called the owner. Going to go see the car tomorrow. Will shoot some pictures of it. He said the frame and floor is rusty and no heads or intake on the 289. titled in 2000.

Comment

looks like a great start to a resto. Seems like a lot of studes have been popping up in the Minnesota area.

Comment

Originally posted by 63avanti. View Post
                    Seems like a lot of studes have been popping up in the Minnesota area.
                    Yeah ; I like this one > http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...707597379.html

Comment

OK ; This one is nice I think . A Minnesota car with no rust . ? ! http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...725968131.html

Comment

Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
                        OK ; This one is nice I think . A Minnesota car with no rust . ? ! http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...725968131.html
                        yah, I came across that one last night.. seems decent and if you could get the price down some that would be a cool start.

Comment

Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
                          I wanted to contact the seller, but where is the contact information? Seems a little too high priced, but I would like to look at it.
                          sigpic
                          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

The body doesn't look bad, but with a rusty frame I'd stay away. That being said if you wanted to start a custom project with a custom frame, or you had say a GT hawk frame it would be a good place to start. I wonder if this was one of those cases where the car was in decent shape then left to sit in the mud, so the body stayed OK but everything underneath got rusty.

Comment

Frame work isn't so bad. One of my good friends specializes in frame work from one off customs to patching or restoring. He currently has two frame tables set up. Its just a matter of obtaining spec sheets etc. It's nice for me when I see a car like this I know it can be brought back to life.

Comment

Working...
                              X