Need help resizing pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help resizing pics

Adding pics should be very simple however our files are too large after uploading. Is there any easy resizing or compression tool that we can use?

Yes one way, not the only way, is to open a Photobucket account, load them there, modify them there to size or load them on your computer and modify them with Windows Picture Viewer, Canon or other Picture Program.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Jerry, Free online photo servers like Photobucket; when you load them there they are automatically sized to be re-posted to other sites. If you need something posted quickly, email it to me and I will add it to your offer.

Brad
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

You can also just save it to your hard drive and open up Microsoft Picture Editory, which has a resize function. Then upload again to your favorite image host.

Comment

Free tool you can download online

Faststone Resizer

It takes about a minute to download online. File the photos on your computer. Open Fasstone, browse to the file where the photos are, click that file to upload them all to faststone. Set up the ratio you want them to be compared to the originals - mine is set for 15% - and then add the ones you want to resize to the resize box. Give them a file name where you'll save them and then click 'convert'. The computer will tell you the file doesn't exist and ask if you want to create it. You say yes and it will resize them - you can do one or you can do two hundred or three hundred - it doesn't matter. It batch resizes whatever you ask it to.

Then you can browse to the resized file and choose the photos you want to go here.
          Last edited by hausdok; 04-05-2013, 08:06 PM.
          Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
          Kenmore, Washington
          hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
          '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
          '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
          '69 Pontiac Firebird
          (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Myself I would rather go to the dentist then do computer things, but computers are my wifes hobby and she posts pictures regulary. After working two frustrating hours trying to post pictures using photobucket, we decided there were more productive things to be doing with our time. I built tooling to reproduce the firewall I.D. tag and was trying show some examples. When we get a chance we will try other sugestions.
            Thanks for help, Jerry

Comment

Light Image Resizer is a free program that is about as easy to use as dragging/dropping the picture on it.
              Corley

Comment

This has been a major problem for me since I learned how to post photos. Thanks for all this input. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I tried to post 4 pics yesterday and got the same message,they were too big.The forum is a real hassle when it comes to pics,no trouble with other websites.

Comment

Originally posted by mrjazzmillcreek View Post
                    I tried to post 4 pics yesterday and got the same message,they were too big.The forum is a real hassle when it comes to pics,no trouble with other websites.
                    We're just trying to save bandwidth. If the budget was unlimited the photo size wouldn't matter. You have to remember that though they look the same on your screen the actual file size of a photo you try to post might be five or six times larger than the largest file size allowed; that's why you want to learn to use Faststone Resizer and/or other resizing programs that are out there. They are cheap and take only a few minutes to learn. Believe me, if I can use them anyone can; if there were a prize given out for computer moron of the century I'd win it hands down.

jerezstude,

I've got a workaround for you. Shoot me those photos in an email. I'll resize them and then send them back to you. Alternatively, I can resize them and insert them in your post above if you'd like and then you can edit your post to put captions under them. What do you say? My email is hausdok@msn.com I'm happy to help.
                    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                    Kenmore, Washington
                    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                    '69 Pontiac Firebird
                    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Originally posted by jerezstude View Post
                      Adding pics should be very simple however our files are too large after uploading. Is there any easy resizing or compression tool that we can use?
                      Irfanview [free] is my favorite photo editor and with it is easy to resize photos for fast upload to Photobucket (preferred) or Flicker. I just rename the photos and "save as" to my desktop, or a New Folder on the desktop (Windows Vista, 7, and 8). Reducing 4.0 megabyte photos to 400 kb does not effect quality much for Forum viewing, and also makes them faster to upload using Forum "Manage Attachments" , which saves going to Photobucket or Flicker to upload. However, if you want to post a REALLY BIG photo, you can do this from Photobucket using the "IMG code", which you can "copy" [ctrl c] and then "paste" [ctrl v] into your post.

sigpic
                      Jack, in Montana

Comment

Working...
                      X