Any bullet nose reproductions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any bullet nose reproductions?

Just wondering if anyone is making bullet nose reproductions? Either cast, plastic, non Chromed, chromed,
    or at any stage.

Simpler the finish the better for my idea (I could paint silver to save $$ for my purposes)
    One last question-- anyone have a picture of the BACKSIDE of one? Thanks
    61 Lark

sigpic

If there's not any, there should be.
    I would think vacuformed bulletnoses would be pretty easy.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Only part I know of that is available is the plastic center for the 51. Everything else is used/repairable. I have an extra, complete 50 bullet and the outer part of a 51 bullet if interested. Both are used and would require some work to be presentable. Powder coating might be a way to save some money and still have a nice piece. I'd let the 50 bullet go for $100 and the 51 for $40. You would need to get a center for the 51, either new or used. Prices are plus shipping.
      sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
      1950 Champion Convertible
      1950 Champion 4Dr
      1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
      1957 Thunderbird

Comment

I sure appreciate your offer.

My idea/thought is that I'll be building a shop and one idea I thought about doing was building soffits for cabinets, antique display, hidden air line and BULLET NOSE HVAC outlets.

Im not patenting the idea But if resourcing older rusty gold is what's needed then I should start collecting them now.
        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Who ever the company is that makes the El Camino/Stude conversion...Are they using original parts, or something else for the bullet? Maybe bamajak could help us.

Also, the bulletnose golfcarts...they're smaller than originals, but they have a bullet on them. Good luck sourcing those, but they came from somewhere.
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

The only repops that I know about are the center plastic bullets for a '51. I don't know of any cast metal parts. Not sure if the El Camino ones are exactly the same as the originals or not.
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

I called the company awhile ago to see if I could purchase and was told no.........But I hear the company changed hands so I will check once more.

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
              Who ever the company is that makes the El Camino/Stude conversion...Are they using original parts, or something else for the bullet? Maybe bamajak could help us.

Also, the bulletnose golfcarts...they're smaller than originals, but they have a bullet on them. Good luck sourcing those, but they came from somewhere.
              Jack White
              Charlotte,NC
              North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

I have a nos bullet just the center bullet and a used outer along with a used bullet, every thing is for sale.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                  I have a nos bullet just the center bullet and a used outer along with a used bullet, every thing is for sale.
                  Bob are those 50 or 51? I like the looks of the 50 the best.
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Bob Do you have the parts to make about the frist 6" of a bullet nose front also looking for the frist 6" of a gt hawk front. Could be bad rusted or bent parts no useable for any thing else and no big rush to find it. Plan to finish a pool table room in my basement and put them on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by 4961Studebaker View Post
                      Bob are those 50 or 51? I like the looks of the 50 the best.
                      sorry abut that they are for the 1950..
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                        Bob Do you have the parts to make about the frist 6" of a bullet nose front also looking for the frist 6" of a gt hawk front. Could be bad rusted or bent parts no useable for any thing else and no big rush to find it. Plan to finish a pool table room in my basement and put them on the wall.
                        No sure what you are looking for but have an idea the the GT would be the front part of the hood and an old grille, and the 50 would be the large center cone structure that holds the nose right?
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

I was thinking more like measure back about 6" from the headlights and just cut the front clip straight across so it would include the front part of the hood and fenders. Would be a shame to cut up a couple good front ends but if a guy could find some junk fenders rusted to bad to want to repair and maybe a hood bent in the center or rear corner real bad. I'll just have to keep my eyes open and maybe find a peice at a time.

Comment

Most fenders now days need to be saved and repaired not cut in half to hang on the wall, sorry nothing.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Bob. You maybe right about that my other thought is to have a mold made of the front few inches and make it up in thin fibergalss. Then just add on the chrome

Comment

Working...
                              X