59 silver hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 59 silver hawk

Looking for bits of info before the tear down starts. Are the front fenders seperate from the front inner fenders. I believe I can see how the inner fender unbolts from the firewall I'm just not seeing how the fenders unbolt from the inners.

They're one piece.
    Dave Nevin
    Corvallis, OR
    1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
    Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

That's what I thought. I wonder how much structural intergrity would be lost if I cut out all the inner fenders and braced the outer skins. Trying to make some room under the hood.

Comment

If you're going to do a body off frame, then add an X member in the frame, as the convertible or Wagonaire has, and you'll be set.
        sals54

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
          If you're going to do a body off frame, then add an X member in the frame, as the convertible or Wagonaire has, and you'll be set.

Hey Sal thanks for the reply. You mention adding a x member to the frame. I'm not familiar with these cars (learning as I go). Are there illustrations online I could see for correct placement of the x member ?

Did the convertibles and wagons not use the inner fenders for structural strength as did the silver hawks ?

Comment

Working...
          X