Studebaker keys ( 2nd post) and a couple bits Help identify please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker keys ( 2nd post) and a couple bits Help identify please

Here are a few of the Studebaker keys I dug up today. and a couple door latches that need identified. I'll find the ignitions hopefully this weekend. Tons of studebaker stuff to find homes for.
    Patrick Sammon

Ahhhh, I thought these were uncut, then again that wouldn't make much sense. Although an ignition and key would still be nice. it wouuld probably cost just as much to have a lock set redone, as it would to have new keys cut.

Comment

The 2 in Pic 2 have the cut code tag still on and that Blank would fit all Yale Locks '47 to '63. The handle design was used on 1962 only. Of course the short one is Trunk and Glove Box, long one is Ignition and Doors.

So they make nice collector items, the only thing useful is the Trunk Key, that will open way more than ONE Car.

Any of those keys with the more round handle that say: "Studebaker" could be the keys to your '59's.

The Door latches are very hard to ID, without part number tags and probably being used, you would have to match them to known year and body type Cars to tell, because they all look alike except for very minor differences.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 03-31-2013, 10:43 AM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
      X