PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a left front fender 1955 commander

davefowles
03-29-2013, 11:03 AM
I am in desperate need of a driver side front fender. Almost any condition as long as the headlight area is in good shape. my poor car received some bad damage, and I am heart broken.

unclemiltie
03-29-2013, 12:11 PM
What is the body style? C/K or sedan? The fenders are different for these body styles

rkapteyn
03-29-2013, 03:13 PM
I have N.O.S. Right Left front fenders for a 1955 C/K body.
Robert Kapteyn
studebaker@mac.com

RadioRoy
03-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Dave, the C/k models are the low sleek two door coupes. They have different fenders than the sedans and station wagons.

That's why everyone is asking what style your car is. If your car has four doors, it is a sedan. It can also have two doors or be a station wagon, and still be in the "sedan" category as far as fenders are concerned.

If you do not know what category you car is in, the body tag in the engine compartment, on the firewall, right in front of the passenger will tell. W, D, and F designations take sedan fenders. C and K designations take coupe fenders.

davefowles
03-29-2013, 06:43 PM
I have a c/k coupe. I am so thankful how helpful everyone here is.

Pat Dilling
03-29-2013, 07:11 PM
I wonder if the headlight bucket and front sheet metal from a sedan fender could be grafted on? The big difference between the C/K and Sedan fenders is the distance between the wheel opening and trailing edge. Might work or might not, wondering if anyone has tried it? Also, there are a lot of C/K fenders that have rust issues at the back but are still solid at the front. Also to make your search easier, C/K fenders from 53 to 61 will work, and even 62-64 need just a small adjustment.

GThawkwind
03-29-2013, 08:14 PM
PM candbstudebakers , his name is Bob peterson, and I'd be surprised if didn't have one.

rockne10
03-29-2013, 08:42 PM
I wonder if the headlight bucket and front sheet metal from a sedan fender could be grafted on? The big difference between the C/K and Sedan fenders is the distance between the wheel opening and trailing edge. Might work or might not, wondering if anyone has tried it? Also, there are a lot of C/K fenders that have rust issues at the back but are still solid at the front. Also to make your search easier, C/K fenders from 53 to 61 will work, and even 62-64 need just a small adjustment.
Going to depend on the nature of Dave's "bad damage." I've seen, and participated in, virtually non-existent front fender assemblies, resurrected with patience, multiple measurements, patch fabrication and welding.

davefowles
03-30-2013, 01:01 AM
I am capable of making a graft work if needed, and am willing to do anything to fix my baby. I am lucky enough to have a Nevada rust free car, and have 20 years collision and restoration experience. I really do love this car, and can tell I came to the right place for help. I thank you all.

GThawkwind
03-30-2013, 01:06 AM
If you love your stude this should become a regular site for you, hop on and wax poetically how great studebakers are with us.
what kind is your car a C or a K, you should post a couple pics, befor and or after.

davefowles
03-30-2013, 12:15 PM
This definitely will become a regular site for me. I am not the best with the computer, but in the coming weeks I will post some pics.

candbstudebakers
03-31-2013, 01:11 AM
PM candbstudebakers , his name is Bob peterson, and I'd be surprised if didn't have one.

Here is one I have take a look and then PM me if interested...Bob or call 510-266-2522

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv271/canbstudebakers/SAM_0037_zpsc0dfda6a.jpg

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv271/canbstudebakers/SAM_0038_zpsad6ebf92.jpg

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv271/canbstudebakers/SAM_0039_zpsfb3901ef.jpg

GThawkwind
03-31-2013, 02:56 AM
I freakin' knew it bob seems to have any and all stude sheetmetal, and if he's selling it, it's good steel.