Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Stude-related items can you spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Stude-related items can you spot?

Just a little fun.

Spring finally decided to show up in Nebraska, and for the last two days we've had sunny, relatively warm days. I also had the last two days off, so I resolved to pick up the pieces and clean up my garage (when it was burglarized in January they trashed the place). I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's a small, humble little workshop, but it will serve me well this season as I tackle a few big projects.

So, for the fun of it, how many Studebaker-related items can you spot in the photo? I'm not sure I could count them all. If you've got a photo of your shop, share it, and we can try to identify Stude trinkets hidden within as well. An "Easter egg hunt" of sorts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9671sm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1738426
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Oh, here's a link to a much larger resolution picture, in case the forum-resized one is too small to hunt on: http://youstude.com/wp-content/uploa...IMG_9671sm.jpg

Comment

OK this one can't be that hard.

One '63 Lark with a '59-'60 Lark Nameplate on the fender.
      A '59-'64 Shop Manual
      A Picture of Studebakers at a SDC? Car Show or Meet, includes your Lark at the right.
      A Studebaker Parking Only Sign.
      A 100,000 Mile Club Studebaker License plate topper.
      Sat. May 11, and 25, SDC Breakfast...Yum,yum!

The Nebraska 1-V6677 COULD be a Studebaker V8 Engine Number personalized Plate.

The Shell Rotella T Motor Oil doesn't count because it is after spec. CI-4.
      I don't see any STP Products or SP either, not even Studebaker Perfect Seal Gasket sealer!
      Last edited by StudeRich; 03-28-2013, 08:01 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

You still missed at least one thing. It's really hard to spot though, so we'll see if anyone gets it.

Comment

The do not start Car note on the board!

Orphan Car Show on May 19,?

OK, I see it now, it's the Studebaker Body Tag on the wall!

I guess nobody is awake at 12:13 Eastern!
          Last edited by StudeRich; 03-28-2013, 08:14 PM.
          StudeRich
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I would have said the funnels. I pour so many fluids into Studebakers that I think a funnel belongs to each car.

Comment

Believe it or not, there's still more, including one really hard one that I won't wait for people to find, but ya gotta find the easy stuff first.

Comment

Well gosh, it's gotta be the Cedar shingles on the back wall came from the roof of the Guard Shack at the Main Gate in South Bend.
                Or maybe the Dresser belonged to Clem Studebaker!
                StudeRich
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

"Lark VI" script on the dresser. And is that a twin traction emblem next to them?
                  sigpic
                  Bob Shaw
                  Rush City, Minnesota
                  1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                  "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Possibly a couple of pieces of Stude trim below the white board. There is something beneath the dresser that may be Stude...or perhaps the hidden web cam to catch the thieves should they return...in which case we will look forward to seeing those perps on an episode of "World's Dumbest".
                    sigpic
                    Bob Shaw
                    Rush City, Minnesota
                    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Two can play your game but you don't have to, just might be to much to try and do. I will just send one picture.

Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Stude meet pic
                        stude parking only
                        a lark
                        shop manual
                        misc badges on desk
                        not sur if it's stude related but wheel spinner on wall
                        stuff on white board do not start ca
                        above the white board a possible body tag?
                        somthing green and crumpled maybe a car cover
                        license plate topper reads studebaker
                        I see something shiny underneath your vice
                        funnels and misc car care products
                        Are there any SDC tote bags in there
                        license plates on wall assume one set's off your grandpa's car
                        I see a bucket with a rag in it, washing a stude maybe????
                        there's something else in the tool box, made of paper can't tell what it is though
                        I don't what else... is studebaker john in the cd player or maybe some other stude music?????????.
                        Your in the garage, and in the SDC so ehhh?????? I'm stumped after that
                        Last edited by GThawkwind; 03-28-2013, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                          Two can play your game but you don't have to, just might be to much to try and do. I will just send one picture.
                          My god Bob it might be easier to point out what is'it stude related, its just not fair!!

Comment

Dan -

Nice catch on the car cover!

Originally posted by BShaw View Post
                            Possibly a couple of pieces of Stude trim below the white board. There is something beneath the dresser that may be Stude...
                            I'm impressed! The metal 'neath the white board is the chrome bits off the '60 Lark's drivers side door. (If the car weren't there you'd see a whole box of parts to deliver to the new owner.) There are only two things under the dresser - an oil drainpan, and a distributor cap from said '60 Lark.

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                            I'm going with Dan's answer. Finding non-Stude related stuff would be easier! Also, Envy is a sin, and I am right now very much sinning. Are you using a lift to get this shot? Were you looking for that air cleaner on top of the shelf? If I look hard enough, I know I'm going to find a good battery hold down somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
                              Dan -

Nice catch on the car cover!

I'm impressed! The metal 'neath the white board is the chrome bits off the '60 Lark's drivers side door. (If the car weren't there you'd see a whole box of parts to deliver to the new owner.) There are only two things under the dresser - an oil drainpan, and a distributor cap from said '60 Lark.

I'm going with Dan's answer. Finding non-Stude related stuff would be easier! Also, Envy is a sin, and I am right now very much sinning. Are you using a lift to get this shot? Were you looking for that air cleaner on top of the shelf? If I look hard enough, I know I'm going to find a good battery hold down somewhere...
                              Ya I was up on the fork lift for the picture, and it would be a good guess that there is not much there that is not Studebaker related, and to think that in less than 3 years all this will be gone, I will post a few more pictures but don't want to steal the thread, if people are really interested I could start a new one with a different picture every day.

Candbstudebakers
                              Castro Valley,
                              California

Comment

Working...
                              X