My new Avanti - Redlined at 4000???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Avanti - Redlined at 4000???

It's true. I'd comment that that just doesn't "cut it", but I'd be lying. Made in Italy, BTW.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

This question may have been asked before, but does anyone know of a consumer product named Avanti before the Studebaker automobile of that name? (I don't know of any, but was wondering if Studebaker did, in fact, introduce the word to commercial product applications. It's certainly been used often enough since Studebaker used it.) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

This question may have been asked before, but does anyone know of a consumer product named Avanti before the Studebaker automobile of that name? (I don't know of any, but was wondering if Studebaker did, in fact, introduce the word to commercial product applications. It's certainly been used often enough since Studebaker used it.) BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, that seems like a very good question. It would be interesting, but perhaps difficult to prove that Stude was the first. Of course, it could be quite easy to prove they were not. Anyway, hope someone has a definitive answer either way. I'll go to my grave (hopefully not TOO soon) feeling that there should be MORE interest in the Avanti than is apparent at this point in history. It seems as though about 90% of the people on this forum wouldn't own one if you gave it to them. Or is that not a fair assessment? Oh, and can it be shown whose idea it was initially to use the name? Probably lost to history forever, like so many of the details about the Avanti; as though nobody really cared.

wagone and the Old R2 Avanti

Comment

Bob, that seems like a very good question. It would be interesting, but perhaps difficult to prove that Stude was the first. Of course, it could be quite easy to prove they were not. Anyway, hope someone has a definitive answer either way. I'll go to my grave (hopefully not TOO soon) feeling that there should be MORE interest in the Avanti than is apparent at this point in history. It seems as though about 90% of the people on this forum wouldn't own one if you gave it to them. Or is that not a fair assessment? Oh, and can it be shown whose idea it was initially to use the name? Probably lost to history forever, like so many of the details about the Avanti; as though nobody really cared.

wagone and the Old R2 Avanti

Comment

Walnut Illinois is the home of Avanti Cheese.I don't know how old they are,but have been around as long as I can remember[yesterday?]
            A guy on the I-boats forum I read just bought a OLD boat, an AVANTI dlf 150 fishing boat. I'll ask him if he has found how out old it is,maybe I can get a picture.

LaSalle,Il
            61Hawk
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Walnut Illinois is the home of Avanti Cheese.I don't know how old they are,but have been around as long as I can remember[yesterday?]
              A guy on the I-boats forum I read just bought a OLD boat, an AVANTI dlf 150 fishing boat. I'll ask him if he has found how out old it is,maybe I can get a picture.

LaSalle,Il
              61Hawk
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Where do I get in line for the free Avanti???[][]

LaSalle,Il
                61Hawk
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

LaSalle,Il
                  61Hawk
                  Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I think Allstate Tires run out of them a few years ago!!

quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

StudeRich
                    Studebakers Northwest
                    Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I think Allstate Tires run out of them a few years ago!!

StudeRich
                      Studebakers Northwest
                      Ferndale, WA
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I will give you mine, BUT you will have to pay $12,500 for shipping and handling.

Comment

I will give you mine, BUT you will have to pay $12,500 for shipping and handling.

Comment

52Hawk, If I do get a free one before you do, you can have it. Actually, now that I think about it, I've been GIVEN two of them in recent years - by an ex-Stude dealer no less![:0] Sadly, both of them were totals - or what was left of them. I confess I made some easy cash off of what was left to part out. Heh - I STILL have a few minor bits of them lying about here.
                            SO... maybe I've already gotten all the free ones I had coming.

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

52Hawk, If I do get a free one before you do, you can have it. Actually, now that I think about it, I've been GIVEN two of them in recent years - by an ex-Stude dealer no less![:0] Sadly, both of them were totals - or what was left of them. I confess I made some easy cash off of what was left to part out. Heh - I STILL have a few minor bits of them lying about here.
                              SO... maybe I've already gotten all the free ones I had coming.

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X