PDA

View Full Version : Fat Tires and frame measurements

J_Rainwater
03-27-2013, 10:32 AM
I am doing drawing board stuff while trying to track down the owner of a 2R5 and a 3R5 a few miles from my house. If I am able to get them (they are a little rough and the owner likely has an elevated value in mind) I would like to see wiiiiide tires under there but need to do some work-up on the specifics. I have been looking for a schematic or diagram with frame measurements, wheel opening lip to lip so I can get quotes on frame and rearend narrowing, wheels and tires. I believe in the elevated value thing because here in rural North Carolina these one time diamonds in the rough have been sitting for a long time. I was recently quoted $1000 apiece for a pair of 59 Caddies with see through body panels that are really worth about $10 a hundred pounds. I am not about getting something for nothing just to flip it. This is my first undertaking and if I really mess something up I am not out a ton of money for something in really good condition.

Pat Dilling
03-27-2013, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the forum! Hopefully one of the 2R owners on the forum will chime in.

DEEPNHOCK
03-27-2013, 09:15 PM
John,
What part of NC are you from?
There's a lot of active SDC members that can get you a Ccab (what a 2R and 3R are called in Stude lingo) to measure up.
There are even some truck data point drawings out there...
You are not alone in your quest.
Jeffhttp://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/images/icons/icon6.png

J_Rainwater
03-27-2013, 10:01 PM
I am a few miles outside Hickory. And thanks.

J_Rainwater
03-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Thanks Pat.