Seat Material for 65 Wagonaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Material for 65 Wagonaire

Does anyone have enough material to cover the seat bottom of a split bench seat of a 65 Daytona Wagonaire .It is a black vinyl with embossing,same as Daytona cars.

Try Will at Starlight Studebaker, he should be able to help you with a NOS seat covering.
    He will get back to you in a week or so.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
      Try Will at Starlight Studebaker, he should be able to help you with a NOS seat covering.
      He will get back to you in a week or so.
      Mr. Bill, did you get the package I sent you?
      Jim
      I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Hi Jim, Yes! Thank you very much! So sorry I didn't let you know, been kind of crazy around here.
        I will get your postage money out to you soon.
        Brackets look great!
        Thank you so much for your help with my Studebaker project.
        Bill
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Brad Kuchan is in the Turning Wheels want ads and he has '64-'65 upholstery.

Comment

Don't hold your breath for Starlite Studebaker. I got an answer from him 12/31/12 after he found an email I wrote to him a couple months before. He said over the next 6 months he was going to go through his stuff and get back to me. It is now almost 4 months later and I haven't heard a peep. I don't know why people encourage anyone to try him. Should it take 6 months or more to get an answer to a request? I don't think so. But if he does send some positive information my way I might still buy something. But then I wonder - how long will it take to SHIP? I might be dead by then and I'm not even old.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
              Hi Jim, Yes! Thank you very much! So sorry I didn't let you know, been kind of crazy around here.
              I will get your postage money out to you soon.
              Brackets look great!
              Thank you so much for your help with my Studebaker project.
              Bill
              Send no postage-MERRY CHRISTMAS! :-)
              Jim
              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I do not think everyone has gotten the message YET, that has been said here before several times.

The good folks at Starlite are not full time major Studebaker Vendors with a team of employees to service your needs quickly.

They are a couple who saw the long term value of owning the remaining Studebaker Corp. Upholstery inventory, BUT they are both employed FULL time I believe one or both as School Teachers AND have a family.

So in that situation, they are a bit overwhelmed by our large quantity of needs, so it will take TIME, a LOT of time to deal with many Semi loads of material, Seat Covers and Door Panels, NOT inventoried.

You know SMS Upholstery is a sizeable Corp. with Employees and even they can not turn their Upholstery around quickly.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, what is quick to you? A year?
                  "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I don't know Scott, I guess 2 or 3 Months is SOON, but they cannot do that. If I were them I would just shut it down with a Turning Wheels Ad until such time as it can be inventoried. Not my stuff, and I am not them.

I just happen to understand how overwhelming this can be, been there done that.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

1965 upholstery was different than any other year.
                      They used the same vinyl but the spacing betwee seams is much larger.
                      1965 upholstery came in 4 colors X1 is black , X2 is blue , X4 is brown and X5 , is maroon or red.
                      I have lists of part numbers for the 59-62. and 64-66 including all Avanti upholstery.

I have a lot of odds and ends of upholstery but for 1965 I only have bottom seat cushions and I am not sure if they arefront or back seat covers.
                      The are 55 inches long at the longest and 20 1/2" wide.
                      I have them in black , blue , brown , and maroon.
                      I have sold these to people that have bucket seats also.

Email me at studebaker@mac.com (i have a good spam filter)
                      Robert Kapteyn

Comment

[QUOTE=StudeRich;730777]I
                        The good folks at Starlite are not full time major Studebaker Vendors with a team of employees to service your needs quickly.

If Will would not have saved this large inventory from Sasco and Southwest we would have none at all,
                        When we have to wait 6 month so what?
                        Plan ahead!!
                        Will is very fair and is still learning.
                        If not satisfied go to Sears.
                        I have the same problem as Will has, not enough hours in a day and with all the insurance ,payroll , government bull etc,
                        it is not practical to hire help.
                        I bought inventories of 28 Studebaker dealers and I am getting older and can not keep up.
                        I am lucky that members of our chapter come out to help but it takes a lot of time to coordinate.

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Working...
                        X