Day dreaming out loud: MegaSquirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Day dreaming out loud: MegaSquirt

So has anybody put a MegaSquirt system on a genuine Studebaker V8?

Or kinkier yet, on the old Champion or Commander sixes?
    1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
    1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
    1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
    1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
    1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
    1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

I believe a couple have.., not only specifically, the MegaSquirt, but other FI assemblies/kits.
    Why not, if you have the bucks to spend...?

Mike

Comment

I think you need to check this out http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...t=plainbrownr2 its a V8, not a six but hey.

Comment

Originally posted by DougHolverson View Post
        So has anybody put a MegaSquirt system on a genuine Studebaker V8?

Or kinkier yet, on the old Champion or Commander sixes?
        Doug

Because you're relatively new I'll forgo the search speech and point out that John, PlainbrownR2 may have the longest continuous and one of the better and more technical threads on the forum.

Bob

Comment

No, no, I know nothing about it, pay no attention to the link (just joking)

Yeah, that's my project there. I'm one of 3-4 people I've counted so far who have Megasquirt in their vehicles. Up until it was sold, Gary Hart had a kit in his BBC Bonneville racer, and there was an individual on Youtube from overseas that had one in his Daytona. I've been working on that since 2009, and I've had that in mind probably since 2004, which started as a parts car, and I'm working my way up to an operable vehicle. It's a 1955 Studebaker Commander hardtop, that was a 259/3spd, and is now a 289/3spd with EDIS crank ignition, twin turbos and port injection . I'm using the MS1e ECU to run the whole shebang. I also have a link on the Racing Studebaker Forum as well:

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
          X