Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you like the looks of the '47 Woody but can't afford to build one yourself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you like the looks of the '47 Woody but can't afford to build one yourself...

Then how about $260 for a 1:43 scale model?! I found this on Ebay. I think the price may be a little steep, but that's why I don't have very many 1:43rd cars in my collection. If these are completely hand built then it might be worth the price. For what it is, it's neat.
    Chris Dresbach

Chris,
    That's a good looking replica of the '47 Woodie. Like you, I can't justify the cost. I'd rather have the real thing though.
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Very nice job , would like to have one but that's just too much for my liking !
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

about how big would that be?
        1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

its the size of the Brooklin models
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
            its the size of the Brooklin models
            I have no idea what a brooklin model is
            1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

I see someone thought the price was OK !
              sigpic

Comment

That's pretty nice, maybe somebody has it for less. It couldn't hurt to look somewhere else. Maybe the SNM will have them for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
                  I have no idea what a brooklin model is
                  About 4" long.
                  Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO

Comment

I've been looking for a 1930's, American make, 1:43 scale automobile to go in a diarama I'm working on that revolves around a 1:43 scale Studebaker hearse I bought on the internet. There are plenty models of expensive cars, but very few average sedans unless you really get into big money (at least on my budget).

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
                      I've been looking for a 1930's, American make, 1:43 scale automobile to go in a diarama I'm working on that revolves around a 1:43 scale Studebaker hearse I bought on the internet. There are plenty models of expensive cars, but very few average sedans unless you really get into big money (at least on my budget).
                      I bought a 4dr Packard years ago, I think it was made by Rextoys. I did a search but turns out it's a 1940. They also made some other 4drs, a 38-40 Cadillac V16 and a 35 Ford

Comment

I looks like he has sold two of them. Nice replica.
                        It is amazing that some people can pay that much for a toy. Even our 1:1 Studebakers are mostly toys.
                        "In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, Bordeaux Daytona. I might purchase one of those Packards. The seller of the 1947 woodie had many cars I would like to own, but they are kind of pricey. Still, if I won the lottery, I'd buy one of each. I particularly liked this 1962 Daytona hardtop, and it's also available in a red convertible.

Comment

Ok, glad to help. I managed to get one of these 62 convts years ago for a lot less. I just had to be patient and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                              I looks like he has sold two of them. Nice replica.
                              It is amazing that some people can pay that much for a toy. Even our 1:1 Studebakers are mostly toys.
                              You have a point there. I have enjoyed collecting scale model Studebakers for years, but I don't like to pay a mint for them either. What I find amazing is that somebody will pay well over $100 for a 1:43 scale Brooklyn model when they could get a 1:18 scale model of basically the same thing for $45. The 1:18 model is larger, has more detail, and as far as I'm concerned is a better piece. I do my fair share of building models too and anymore I work exclusively in 1:18 and 1:32 scale just because they have more detail and cost less. Currently I only have one "expensive" 1:43 white metal car, and it is a 1940 Champion. The only reason I bought it was because it is literally the only model I have ever found of my car.
                              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                              X