X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 3/24 eye candy

Nice bullet !
    Attached Files

Great looking car. Has anyone noticed that many rodders either change the front, and in this case also the rear, of 1948 Studebakers, but still call them 1948's? It's the same way with R series trucks. Go to amy rod show, and if there's an R series truck there, it will be labeled as a 1948. I know the reason is that most rodders close the ranks at 1948 models, but it seems dishonest to me. I have chided a friend about his beautiful 1953 custom truck that he calls a 1948. He laughs and admits that he calls it a 1948 just to get into fat-fendered shows.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAchamptrucking View Post
      Nice bullet !
      Delicious for sure......I like it.....Keep on Studebakering

Comment

Thanks for the Sunday Eye Candy! I agree with Sam on the 50' nose on a 48' body,just to get into a better class at the car shows. Ditto for the R model truck too..

Comment

Sam, the 48 thing is a result of the old "48 or before" rule for street rods that used to be in effect with the NSRA. Notice almost all Anglias are called 48's and that body was the same thru 59 ! A street rod club in Nashville tried to get us to title our 55 Sunbeam Talbot (Alpine) as a 48 because it "looked old" and could be included in their shows, ha ! Got the same reasoning requests about our 51 and 58 (!!!!!) Stude trucks. And yeah, thanks so much for these cool pics, AKAchamptrucking.

Comment

Agreed, dishonest. But in their circles, no one seems to care. Many just don't know. Sometimes the car is sold to them as a '48, " 'cause they're all the same. Just the front clip is different." Most all start with a '50-51. But you never see them mention also changing the rear fenders, dash, etc. For many, if they knew about the 47-49 design rear fenders, I think they would prefer them for their custom smooth look as opposed to the up-right styling of the '50-52. I know I do.
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Also if you notice this Car has one of those expensive and a lot of labor type, of "Bonded" Two Piece Windshields.
              I have to wonder if any of them know you can just Buy a '51 one Piece "bent" Windshield easier and cheaper and IMHO looks Better!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X