55 speedster grill parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 speedster grill parts

can anyone out there give me info on a center grill, left grill/parking lite, and left fender molding for a 55 stude speedster.
    A lady took the center and left grill and left fender off my restored speedster, most of the people on ebay are trying to retire on stude part sales. But as a last resort I will most likely bite the bullet.
    On the other hand if anyone out there has the parts I need at a reasonable price please contact me here and at forrestecomer@hotmail.com

Originally posted by forrest View Post
    can anyone out there give me info on a center grill, left grill/parking lite, and left fender molding for a 55 stude speedster.
    A lady took the center and left grill and left fender off my restored speedster, most of the people on ebay are trying to retire on stude part sales. But as a last resort I will most likely bite the bullet. On the other hand if anyone out there has the parts I need at a reasonable price please contact me here and at forrestecomer@hotmail.com
    Thought you may have picked up that center grill on eBay we mentioned back in your previous thread:

Is her insurance company not picking up the bill for the damage she did to your '55???

Comment

Why do you not ask the lady to return your parts.
      Otherwise I have a center grill that needs plating and maybe the other items.
      I am retired on Studebaker parts.
      Robert Kapteyn

Comment

That was my first thought, Bob! Maybe the lady's been watching ebay and figured taking these parts WAS a good way to "retire". Most Stude types who may be sitting on (let's HOPE they're not really sitting on) nice 55 nose pieces, are aware of the escalating value of these ever rarer bits of brightwork. Consequently, it would require finding a Rube to be able to buy them for a few bucks. Not to say such a sucker ISN'T out there - it's just unlikely that they hang out on this forum.
        Assuming your Speedster was really nice, it's gonna cost you to replace those chromed pieces (as someone mentioned, it should be the "lady" that has a problem with parts costs). Even decent re-platable pieces are going to command a couple hundred at the least.

I remember buying out a couple small dealer parts inventories for a couple hundred each - of course, that was decades ago. I used to try and entice new Stude owners with my chapter and verse about the plentiful, cheap Stude parts. That was a few decades back as well.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I found my center grill NOS on eBay for $1600. The side pieces I picked up at the South Bend meet in May. $400 for one side $275 for the other replated.
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I think she is back in Mexico where she cam from illegally without insurance, of coarse she showed me what was a bogus proof of insurance and drivers lic. also bogus. My insurance just gave me a check for what they thought it would cost to fix after many conversations and bartering
            I didn't see the grill you referred me to (wow even at $1100 bucks) it was brand new!!!
            I'm not very well versed on forums it took me half an hour just to find my own post and the replies

Comment

been given a check from my insurance company. Just trying to do it within budget
              what do you want for the grill and the other parts if you have them?
              Thanks Forrest

Comment

Originally posted by forrest View Post
                I think she is back in Mexico where she cam from illegally without insurance, of coarse she showed me what was a bogus proof of insurance and drivers lic. also bogus.<<<
                What a BUMMER!!!

Comment

please check out weather you have the mentioned parts and tell me how much you want for them.
                  I think I already replied to you post but ?????? so excuse me if this is the second reply

Comment

There are some Speedster parts on Ebay right now (not mine) including 55 grille parts: http://www.ebay.com/sch/oneoldcar/m....p2047675.l2562
                    Last edited by Swiss-Goldenhawk; 01-20-2014, 12:47 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss-Goldenhawk View Post
                      There are some Speedster parts on Ebay right now (not mine) including 55 grille parts: http://www.ebay.com/sch/oneoldcar/m....p2047675.l2562
                      Yes, this fellow has some really nice (and rare) items for sale!

Comment

Just ask---- I just saw the parts on ebay and was gonna let you know. Two have already alerted you. NOW, just get off you bank roll and bid til the end. LOL

Comment

I have a couple of the center sections but both need work and replaying to be show quality, the side one are harder to find since they are C/K cars only, sedans are different, center section fits all 55 cars. do you have any pictures of what is left of yours? Iam in the bay area and will be heading south over the grapevine in the near future maybe this week . I am delivering a 63 hawk frame to Pasadena and then up 15 toward Las Vegas to pick up my 63 super hawk, here's my number if interested Bob 510-266-2522
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Working...
                          X