62' interiors....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62' interiors....

A few questions: 1) What is the Stude interior color that looks like brownish-pumpkin color ? 2) In the 2 62' trim levels (P4 & P6)..what's the difference in the interior soft trim ? I'm talking cloth, vinyl, carpet, headliner, seat cushions/covers......Pictures would be helpful.

I believe it was called 'Luggage Tan'

Craig

Comment

The color is called Taupe, Jack; it rhymes with "dope." It is code 948 on Production Orders.

The others are:

918: Black
      928: Blue
      938: Green
      948: Taupe
      958: Red

Update / Correction: See Post #9; the color to which Jack refers was more likely Saddle Tan.

I'm sorry I do not have a 1962 Ordering Guide to post additional information. BP
      Last edited by BobPalma; 03-23-2013, 09:22 AM.
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Here is a Lark with the Regal interior in Taupe. My '62 Y6 had the same color interior as well as my grandparents Y4. One of my favorite interior colors.

Comment

nope....the color I'm referring to is like a saddle tan or bronze or buckskin color....definitely not that purple/taupe....someone recently mentioned a dead-on rattle can identical paint that matched the interior paint color. I'm interested in the seat and/or door panel color....thanks for that nice video....

Comment

That video shows a Champaign colored Interior closer to Gray and not Tan. I have always called the OP's Interior Saddle Tan, but some people see it as almost Pink.
            It is the same Color that Studebaker decided to put in ALL Champ Trucks after '62, there must have been a lot of leftover Lark 4 door Panels.

My 1961 Dealer "Fact Book" shows a piece of the color in the video as "Regal Vinyl" called "Brown Metallic".

And the same color as '62 the color in question is shown and called "Tan Vinyl".
            Last edited by StudeRich; 03-23-2013, 09:00 AM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              That video shows a Champaign colored Interior closer to Gray and not Tan. I have always called it Saddle Tan, but some people see it as almost Pink.
              It is the same Color that Studebaker decided to put in ALL Champ Trucks after '62, there must have been a lot of leftover Lark 4 door Panels.
              I'm not very knowledgeable on '62 interiors (other than I always liked the Regal cloth as in the car in the video), but I know in '63 the color being described was called "Tan" by Studebaker. It was a butterscotch color. I don't think I've seen a '62 Stude with that color interior.
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              (formerly Greenville, PA)
              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
              All are in Australia now

Comment

Looked it up in the 62 Fact Book.It lists a Saddle tan [STV] as a standard color Regal wagons and convertibles and optional on Regal 4-doors and hardtops.It is shown with the ivory inserts.

Comment

Dave (Post #8) is correct. The pumpkin-orange color is Saddle Tan (STV).

'Just checked the February 1992 Turning Wheels for Fred Fox' comprehensive Feature Article on '62 Larks to confirm. 'Don't have a trim code for it, though. (Dave, was it 968 by chance, if you have a 1962 Trim Book for reference?) BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                    Dave (Post #8) is correct. The pumpkin-orange color is Saddle Tan (STV).

'Just checked the February 1992 Turning Wheels for Fred Fox' comprehensive Feature Article on '62 Larks to confirm. 'Don't have a trim code for it, though. (Dave, was it 968 by chance, if you have a 1962 Trim Book for reference?) BP
                    Yes, correct. What I have is the code for the painted surfaces for that Saddle Tan interior which is called 'Luggage Tan'

Craig
                    Last edited by 8E45E; 03-23-2013, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Bob, All I have is the Fact book.It lists all the combinations but none of the number codes.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                        Yes, correct. What I have is the code for the painted surfaces for that Saddle Tan interior which is called 'Luggage Tan' Craig
                        Interesting, Craig. Is there a possibility that Hamilton-produced Larks had slightly different trim color names?

I mean, there are probably more pieces of luggage in Canada than there are saddles, right? BP

Comment

I don't have an order form either, but here's the color. At top of page it says that Saddle Tan was only available on Regal models.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uph.62.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1679530
                          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
                          X