. Toy Candy .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . Toy Candy .

A man - his dog - and his Studebaker . What more do you need ...........

I have the car, but the figures are long gone!

Comment

If I had known 60 years ago how much my Matchbox and Dinky Toys would be worth today, I would never have played with them.......No Way! I loved playing with those things and I played rough with them anytime I got the chance.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I collected over 400 Matchbox toys in the 60s and saved them with their boxes. When I started driving real cars I gave them all to my little cousin. Little Ronnie is now a big guy and a service manager for GM. I now know what they would have been worth, but I believe they influenced my cousin's love for cars. That made it all worthwhile.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I bought the same Matchbox car when it first came out when I was a kid back in the early 60s (still have it) and I distinctly remember throwing away the dog and hunter as soon as I opened the package. Guess I should have kept them.

Dave Bonn
          '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

I had one that was a studebaker tv camera car I think made by either matchbox or corgi. I also was rough on the toy cars coming up, remember the camera on the back lasted a few days. If my son hasnt lost it, will try and send in a photo.

Take care

george o

Comment

I bought a factory case of these (Wagonaire with hunter and dog) from the LI Auto Museum. I paid $2 each for them. I tried to sell them to SDC people for $2.50 each. No takers. I ended up keeping one for myself and selling the rest as a lot to Contemporary Classics for $2 each. I guess that this was in the late-1970s.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary, that model must have been made in huge quantities. I pick up the odd piece at the Barrie Automotive flea market (trying to replace some of my fav's) and I see the Wagonaire more that any other.
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                  Gary, that model must have been made in huge quantities. I pick up the odd piece at the Barrie Automotive flea market (trying to replace some of my fav's) and I see the Wagonaire more that any other.
                  I hope that you realize that there are several variations of the Wagonaire.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                  X