PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum _ Question about Hawks

Kato
03-19-2013, 12:58 PM
I am new to the forum and joined because I am interested in buying a 62_64 Hawk. I've always liked those cars. I live about an hour north of Toronto and was wondering if someone could fill me in on how easy, or not, it is to get parts for those years of Hawks? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

JEWELL
03-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Glad you joined Kato, Hawk parts are not hard to acquire, check out the Vendors listed on this site. First thing I would do is go on line to Studebaker International and browse their catalog. If you find a Hawk to buy, post some pics on this site and let the long time members advise you on what they think the car is worth. you will be glad that you did.

Welcome
03-19-2013, 01:18 PM
I am new to the forum and joined because I am interested in buying a 62_64 Hawk. I've always liked those cars. I live about an hour north of Toronto and was wondering if someone could fill me in on how easy, or not, it is to get parts for those years of Hawks? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

WELCOME ...to the SDC Forum!!!

Kato
03-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks Jewell... Great advice... I will do exactly what you suggested. I am hoping to look at a 63 next week so I'll post the photos of it then. Buying classics up here in the north is always a little scary because of the hidden rust issues. That's another area which I'm sure there are some very knowledgeable folks out there who can offer advice on what to watch out for. Thanks again..this is a great forum!

Kato
03-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Thank You... It's a fantastic forum.

63 R2 Hawk
03-19-2013, 01:30 PM
Welcome! MOST parts are not hard to find: exceptions are things like decent front fenders, trunk lids ('62/'63 and '64 are different) and OEM emblems. There are reproduction pieces made but quality and fit vary. There are several for sale/wanted parts listings on the web and in Turning Wheels. Most mechanical/engine parts are readily available for these cars from places like Studebaker International.

Swiss-Goldenhawk
03-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Hello Kato

Also a welcome from Switzerland, Europe. You might also search on Ebay Motors for Studebaker parts.

Kato
03-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Welcome! MOST parts are not hard to find: exceptions are things like decent front fenders, trunk lids ('62/'63 and '64 are different) and OEM emblems. There are reproduction pieces made but quality and fit vary. There are several for sale/wanted parts listings on the web and in Turning Wheels. Most mechanical/engine parts are readily available for these cars from places like Studebaker International.

Fantastic... Thank You... I'm already feeling good about going for a Hawk. I don't see many of them up this way. I will definitely check out all of these sources.

Kato
03-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Hello Kato

Also a welcome from Switzerland, Europe. You might also search on Ebay Motors for Studebaker parts.

Another great suggestion, thank you. Gorgeous car! Must be an extremely rare sight in Switzerland!

Swiss-Goldenhawk
03-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Must be an extremely rare sight in Switzerland!

Thank you very much.

I am aware of at least three Studebaker Golden Hawks (1957) in Switzerland. The last time I saw another one was last summer. A stunning white one, that I had never seen before. Hope to see it again this year.

Kato
03-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Thank you very much.

I am aware of at least three Studebaker Golden Hawks (1957) in Switzerland. The last time I saw another one was last summer. A stunning white one, that I had never seen before. Hope to see it again this year.

I haven't seen too many in our area of Canada although I'm sure there are some . I'm really looking forward to getting back into the hobby and attending all of the Show and Shines that we have around here for 6 short months of the year! I hope to attend some in Europe as well over the coming years. Eight years to retirement!

Enjoy your adventures this summer and thanks again for the welcome and advice.

Swiss-Goldenhawk
03-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Thank you Kato. Same to you. Here in Switzerland we also got only 6 months for car shows. Because afterwards the weather gets mad.

Kato
03-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Thank you Kato. Same to you. Here in Switzerland we also got only 6 months for car shows. Because afterwards the weather gets mad.

Around here the weather doesn't just get mad in winter it gets furious! Looking forward to summer! All the best to you.

JEWELL
03-19-2013, 02:16 PM
One more thing about Hawks Kato, if you did not know 64 GT Hawks a rare as they only built a little over 1,500 cars. Go to the GT Hawk Registry site and you can see the known numbers of Hawks for the 62-64 year models.

Kato
03-19-2013, 02:34 PM
One more thing about Hawks Kato, if you did not know 64 GT Hawks a rare as they only built a little over 1,500 cars. Go to the GT Hawk Registry site and you can see the known numbers of Hawks for the 62-64 year models.

Great advice! I knew there weren't as many 64s built but I didn't know the number was that small. I've seen some 63s and 62s that look decent but no 64s. That explains it. Thanks again for all of your help. I'll definitely check out the registry.

warrlaw1
03-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Kato. I'm in Barrie and know where there are plenty of Studes. I'll have mine out in another few weeks. You'll usually find it at 204 or 214 Blake, or PM me and we'll set up a ride. Welcome to the forum!

8E45E
03-19-2013, 02:44 PM
This is usually a good thread to read when looking for a GT Hawk: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?56372-Most-Desirable-Year-GT&highlight=desirable

Craig

Kato
03-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Kato. I'm in Barrie and know where there are plenty of Studes. I'll have mine out in another few weeks. You'll usually find it at 204 or 214 Blake, or PM me and we'll set up a ride. Welcome to the forum!

Wow.... Am I ever glad I found this forum! I will definitely be in touch. I'm on the road all of this week so I'll PM you this weekend or early next week. This is outstanding. Thanks.

Kato
03-19-2013, 03:14 PM
This is usually a good thread to read when looking for a GT Hawk: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?56372-Most-Desirable-Year-GT&highlight=desirable

Craig

Thanks Craig... I will check it out.

warrlaw1
03-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Good stuff. The show and shines will start in May. One club does the waterfront (Heritage Park) every Wednesday night and another club does Burger King on Bayfield Saturday nights. Then there's Wasaga Beach on Monday nights, I believe. It will keep you busy. Paul Revell (55s) has a gathering of the Ontario chapter SDC coming up in April, I believe. He may have a GT or two for you to look at. :) So many places to go (lol).

swvalcon
03-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Welcome Kato. I just got my 64 gt this last fall. Have wanted one for 45 years its in the restoration process right now. It's a lot easier to find a decent 62-63 than a 64. Happy hunting. Steve

Kato
03-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Good stuff. The show and shines will start in May. One club does the waterfront (Heritage Park) every Wednesday night and another club does Burger King on Bayfield Saturday nights. Then there's Wasaga Beach on Monday nights, I believe. It will keep you busy. Paul Revell (55s) has a gathering of the Ontario chapter SDC coming up in April, I believe. He may have a GT or two for you to look at. :) So many places to go (lol).

Sounds like a typical summer around our neck of the woods. More stuff to do than there is time to do it! lol. I will definitely be checking all of these out. I know Innisfil meets in Stroud in May as well. Is the Paul Revell event held right at 55s?

Kato
03-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Welcome Kato. I just got my 64 gt this last fall. Have wanted one for 45 years its in the restoration process right now. It's a lot easier to find a decent 62-63 than a 64. Happy hunting. Steve

Congratulations Steve! Good for you to preserve a rare 64! I have always liked the Gts as well. Every time I saw one as a kid I admired them but all my buddies were Ford guys so that's what I always had. I've been out of the hobby for years so I want a Stude this time. Best of luck on the restoration. I'll look forward to the photos.

warrlaw1
03-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Paul hosts an SDC swap meet at Badenoch, Ontario. It's a couple of hours down the 401. Just enough of a ride to get the cobwebs out, but it's all Studebaker. 222532225422255

Kato
03-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Paul hosts an SDC swap meet at Badenoch, Ontario. It's a couple of hours down the 401. Just enough of a ride to get the cobwebs out, but it's all Studebaker. 222532225422255

Dave... That's outstanding. Look at all of those Studes! I will definitely have to try and make that. I saw the article in Old Autos awhile back about the gathering at the old plant in Hamilton. Looked like a good turn out so I knew there must be quite a few around.
I'm just heading out now so I'll try and get in touch later this week or early next. Thanks for all the great info.

warrlaw1
03-19-2013, 04:17 PM
LOL. You would have seen Stu Chapman at that Hamilton event, too. He's the gentleman facing right in the first picture. I think a member of Paul's family taught at the old school house, so he gets us a good rate for the day. Lots of parts with coffee and hotdogs inside. Cheers.

Captain Billy
03-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the forums. There are two very active Studebaker chapters in Ontario, www.ontariosdc.ca (http://www.ontariosdc.ca) and www.thehamiltonchaptersdc.ca (http://www.thehamiltonchaptersdc.ca), with parts available from www.canadianstudebaker.com (http://www.canadianstudebaker.com), and Roy Graham.
As Dave mentioned above, there are a bunch of activities coming down the pipe, I hope to see you at a couple, such as
the Badenock swap meet.
And by the way....there are a lot of Hawks in Ontario....a few 64's as well, one near Peterborough comes to mind.

If you need assistance, just ask.

Bill

warrlaw1
03-19-2013, 04:32 PM
You betcha, Bill. I had a ride in Peter Sant's R2 Avanti at the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags. Goes like stink. And I was so pleased to see Roy and the Graham family at Belleville last year. He was such a help when I was building my car. I have pictures of Roy's farm and the B2225622257222582225922260elleville meet. just a couple...

Kato
03-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Welcome to the forums. There are two very active Studebaker chapters in Ontario, www.ontariosdc.ca (http://www.ontariosdc.ca) and www.thehamiltonchaptersdc.ca (http://www.thehamiltonchaptersdc.ca), with parts available from www.canadianstudebaker.com (http://www.canadianstudebaker.com), and Roy Graham.
As Dave mentioned above, there are a bunch of activities coming down the pipe, I hope to see you at a couple, such as
the Badenock swap meet.
And by the way....there are a lot of Hawks in Ontario....a few 64's as well, one near Peterborough comes to mind.

If you need assistance, just ask.

Bill

Bill,

Thanks very much for these links and your offer of assistance. I will definitely take you up on that as I move closer to purchasing a Stude. I am looking forward to attending some events this summer and meeting all the Studebaker enthusiasts of Ontario.

55s
03-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi Kato,

Paul here, in Ontario. I belong to both SDC chapters, Ontario and Hamilton, as well as the local (for me) Road Hazards club in Orangeville.

Unless you are in a real hurry to buy a car (usually a bad idea), I would wait until spring and get advice from some local members as to what the rust and other issues may be.

The Ontario Swap Meet is always the last Saturday in April (April 27 in 2013) and is FREE, FREE, FREE for vendors, buyers, gawkers, and yakkers. More info at the Ontario Chapter site, www.ontariosdc.ca (http://www.ontariosdc.ca). Badenoch school is 5 minutes away from 401 and old highway 6 - best to the check the directions on the SDC site if you haven't been there before.

There was a blue one fs on Kijiji for some time in Ottawa - the pictures looked good, but I've no idea of the real condition. If not this one, they'll be others.

hawk58man
03-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Welcome to the forum Kato! I agree with you ,I appreciate Hawks too,but mine got to have fins on em' .Welcome aboard!! Mike..

Steve T
03-22-2013, 12:11 AM
Welcome Kato...you should have no trouble finding a decent GT in this area. I'm the Hamilton Chapter's membership guy, and an inveterate shutterbug, so am always after new cars to get pix of; if I actually had any money I'd be after acquiring some of them too! As it is I have two Lark types, a 62 2dr and a 65 4dr. Am hoping to be at Badenoch with the 62. There's usually a GT or two that shows up at that event. There are seven active GTs in the Chapter I can think of off the top of my head, those comprising one 62, three 63s and three 64s. Others keep turning up on Kijiji (which back in '07 was where I found what is now my Lark). I've been privileged to get some wheel time in one of the local 64 GTs, too...wonderful car, you will certainly not regret obtaining one for yourself!

Steve Tournay (SDC Hamilton)

candbstudebakers
03-22-2013, 12:35 AM
Welcome Kato, I am not in Canada but do have a few GT's 2-62' 2-63's and one 64 R-2 full package, also a pair of 57 Golden Hawks, and a 55 president, and a custom 53 coupe, also a few Larks, some of mine are for sale if you don't fine one close, I am in California....Bob

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv271/canbstudebakers/1964%20super%20hawk/IM004439-1.jpg

warrlaw1
03-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Whatever car Kato finds, Bob is still my go-to guy for California sheet metal. My car wears a bunch :)

candbstudebakers
03-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Thanks Dave can always use a plug.

erniebrown
03-22-2013, 06:34 PM
There is no way to tell you how much you will enjoy being a part of the World of Studebaker. . .the friends you will make and the interest that the members have in helping you and your project. . .I had the same questions about parts. . .can I get them. . .I am still looking for a couple of odd ball things. . .a battery support arm. . .especially. . .but. . .I found parts were everywhere. . .remember they made. . them to be put onto cars that are no longer made. . .and they are waiting for you to rescue them from a warehouse and put them to good use. . .shop wisely. . .and compare prices and shipping. . .and then. . .have no regrets. . .have fun. . .I hope I get to meet you one day. . .

erniebrown
03-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Welcome Kato, I am not in Canada but do have a few GT's 2-62' 2-63's and one 64 R-2 full package, also a pair of 57 Golden Hawks, and a 55 president, and a custom 53 coupe, also a few Larks, some of mine are for sale if you don't fine one close, I am in California....Bob

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv271/canbstudebakers/1964%20super%20hawk/IM004439-1.jpg

With a smile on my face. . .I wish I could just come and shop at your STUDEBAKER DEALERSHIP. . .

63 R2 Hawk
03-22-2013, 08:48 PM
A warning about driving a Studebaker: if you drive it anywhere, you will have to allow extra time to complete your errands. Virtually every time I drive mine-about 2-3 times per week-I get stopped and asked questions or told stories about Studebakers. I enjoy showing it off, listening to those stories and answering those questions. It's not a show car but it's worth more than all the trophies in the world to see every day people enjoying these old cars!

Kato
03-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Hi Kato,

Paul here, in Ontario. I belong to both SDC chapters, Ontario and Hamilton, as well as the local (for me) Road Hazards club in Orangeville.

Unless you are in a real hurry to buy a car (usually a bad idea), I would wait until spring and get advice from some local members as to what the rust and other issues may be.

The Ontario Swap Meet is always the last Saturday in April (April 27 in 2013) and is FREE, FREE, FREE for vendors, buyers, gawkers, and yakkers. More info at the Ontario Chapter site, www.ontariosdc.ca (http://www.ontariosdc.ca). Badenoch school is 5 minutes away from 401 and old highway 6 - best to the check the directions on the SDC site if you haven't been there before.

There was a blue one fs on Kijiji for some time in Ottawa - the pictures looked good, but I've no idea of the real condition. If not this one, they'll be others.

Hi Paul,

I'm not too far away from you here in Thornton, just south of Barrie. I'm in total agreement on the not rushing into a purchase. In fact until I got on this forum I had not really decided what make of car I would be interested in buying but I always liked the Hawks. Being on this forum and seeing how great and helpful all of you Studebaker folks are is definitely making me lean towards a Hawk.

I am not at all in any rush and am quite happy to wait for the right one. In the meantime I would really like to try and get out to some of your events and as you say, learn about these great cars from the experts! I really want to try and make Badenoch but have an event in TO at 5 so I'll have to see if I can work that out.

There is a black 63 on Kijiji in Ancaster right now. Have you seen it around?

Thanks again.

Steve T
03-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Hey, that one again. Haven't seen it in a couple years. It turned up once or twice at the Tuesday cruise at the Ancaster Canadian Tire, then it was for sale at a garage also in Ancaster, then it disappeared. I always figured it had sold, but the Ontario historic plate number in the Kijiji pix is the same as it was when I saw it (just a few numbers off from the plate on my Lark), so maybe it's still the same owner. At any rate, seems like a nice car, but I never saw under the hood. Surprising, with so many cruises in the area, that a car like this one can fly almost totally under the radar; some people simply enjoy driving a time warp vehicle, whether or not anyone else ever catches more than a glimpse!

S.

Kato
03-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Welcome to the forum Kato! I agree with you ,I appreciate Hawks too,but mine got to have fins on em' .Welcome aboard!! Mike..

Thanks Mike, I sure am glad I found this forum. It is opening my eyes to the world of Studebaker that's for sure! The older Hawks are very nice! If the right one came along in my budget I'd be thrilled to have one too!

Kato
03-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Welcome Kato...you should have no trouble finding a decent GT in this area. I'm the Hamilton Chapter's membership guy, and an inveterate shutterbug, so am always after new cars to get pix of; if I actually had any money I'd be after acquiring some of them too! As it is I have two Lark types, a 62 2dr and a 65 4dr. Am hoping to be at Badenoch with the 62. There's usually a GT or two that shows up at that event. There are seven active GTs in the Chapter I can think of off the top of my head, those comprising one 62, three 63s and three 64s. Others keep turning up on Kijiji (which back in '07 was where I found what is now my Lark). I've been privileged to get some wheel time in one of the local 64 GTs, too...wonderful car, you will certainly not regret obtaining one for yourself!

Steve Tournay (SDC Hamilton)

Hi Steve, Thank You for the welcome. Like I said in an earlier post, currently I am in the early stages of getting back into the "old auto " hobby. I hadn't narrowed my choices down much until I got on this forum. I've been so impressed by all of you Studebakerites! It would seem owning a Stude is as much about becoming involved with great people as it is owning a great old car!
I'm really hoping I can get to the Badenoch meet but I have to be at an event in TO at 5 so it would be a short visit unfortunately! I hope I can meet you there! I'll look for a shiny 62 Lark.

STEWDI
03-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Hello Kato!

Welcome to the world of Studebakers - and, yes, you're becoming aware that Southern Ontario has quite a lot of activity and enthusiasm.

My son lives in Bradford and has a running/driving (took it to South Bend last year) '56 Power Hawk. There is also a great Studebaker guy in the Holland Marsh that has a half-dozen or so Studes including a '61 Hawk. The "Guild" in Bradford had a light blue '63 GT a couple of years ago that wasn't too big a project and I saw it for sale again (on kijiji?) about a year ago, still in the area, for something around $6,000.00 if memory serves.

Do come out to the Badenoch meet. It's fun, especially if the weather is good, and accessible even by back roads.

Hope to see you there. And don't hesitate to contact any one of us if you have questions.

55s
03-24-2013, 10:56 AM
I do not think I have seen that car in person. I have seen many. I would talk to the owner first and ask him about rust issues, and overall mechanical condition. $12K is a good price for a good car. Even if it does have some filler in, you can still enjoy it for years at a reasonable price. Many brand new cars have filler used on the seams, and having a little filler does not take away from the enjoyment of a car and club activities.

If you are in the car-seeking mode, I would highly recommend you join both chapters (~$20-25 each), and perhaps even put in a wanted ad in their ad section. In addition, because the chapters have many members spread out, there will be a person or two in Ancaster that will know about the car personally and may be able to offer a second opinion about it without you having to drive out to see it. If you are still interested, then you can go and have a good look.

Important: You do not have to own a Studebaker to enjoy club activities - another reason to take your time.

Part of the "fun" sometimes can be the chase: Finding a good car or part at a fair price. If you buy wisely, and you decide that is not the car you want, you can always trade up or down. Studebakers are also easy cars to work on.

There would be no issue with you leaving early to make your downtown Toronto appointment. In general, we are wrapping up at about 3:00, but the hall is booked until 5:00. The next day, there is another excellent swap meet (all makes of cars though) in Ancaster.

stephenj
03-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Hello Kato; I will be going to Badenoch in my 58 Commander, but I am sure that I can talk Steve T into driving my 64 GT instead of his Lark that day. Welcome to our Studebaker world.

Kato
03-24-2013, 11:12 AM

Hi Bob, Wow...If this is what you're selling I may be buying! That's a beautiful Hawk! As I've said I am in the early stages of my car search so I really don't know what availability is like up here. I would definitely prefer to buy a Southern car as the rust issues are reduced but it's a long way to ship a car so we'll see. I get down to CA. from time to time. Love to see your collection some day.

Kato
03-24-2013, 11:20 AM
There is no way to tell you how much you will enjoy being a part of the World of Studebaker. . .the friends you will make and the interest that the members have in helping you and your project. . .I had the same questions about parts. . .can I get them. . .I am still looking for a couple of odd ball things. . .a battery support arm. . .especially. . .but. . .I found parts were everywhere. . .remember they made. . them to be put onto cars that are no longer made. . .and they are waiting for you to rescue them from a warehouse and put them to good use. . .shop wisely. . .and compare prices and shipping. . .and then. . .have no regrets. . .have fun. . .I hope I get to meet you one day. . .

Thanks Ernie... I certainly am getting a good sense of how much enjoyment there is to be had in the world of Studebaker! Hope to meet you as well.

Kato
03-24-2013, 11:29 AM
A warning about driving a Studebaker: if you drive it anywhere, you will have to allow extra time to complete your errands. Virtually every time I drive mine-about 2-3 times per week-I get stopped and asked questions or told stories about Studebakers. I enjoy showing it off, listening to those stories and answering those questions. It's not a show car but it's worth more than all the trophies in the world to see every day people enjoying these old cars!

Haha...I love it.. I certainly can see this to be true. Whenever I see a Studebaker it turns my head as well no matter what model. Something about the name or the story......not sure, but I can certainly believe people would want to talk to you about your "ride". Thanks for a great post.....

Kato
03-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Hello Kato!

Welcome to the world of Studebakers - and, yes, you're becoming aware that Southern Ontario has quite a lot of activity and enthusiasm.

My son lives in Bradford and has a running/driving (took it to South Bend last year) '56 Power Hawk. There is also a great Studebaker guy in the Holland Marsh that has a half-dozen or so Studes including a '61 Hawk. The "Guild" in Bradford had a light blue '63 GT a couple of years ago that wasn't too big a project and I saw it for sale again (on kijiji?) about a year ago, still in the area, for something around $6,000.00 if memory serves.

Do come out to the Badenoch meet. It's fun, especially if the weather is good, and accessible even by back roads.

Hope to see you there. And don't hesitate to contact any one of us if you have questions.

Thank You and yes I sure am getting a good sense of the enthusiasm in Ontario and that is one aspect that I am definitely looking for. I'm going to try and make Badenoch, absolutely. Hope to meet you there.

candbstudebakers
03-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Hi Bob, Wow...If this is what you're selling I may be buying! That's a beautiful Hawk! As I've said I am in the early stages of my car search so I really don't know what availability is like up here. I would definitely prefer to buy a Southern car as the rust issues are reduced but it's a long way to ship a car so we'll see. I get down to CA. from time to time. Love to see your collection some day.

Sorry Kato but this one is not for sale and my grandson is in love with it and says he wants it for ever along with my 53 custom, 67 Avanti, and 63 Standard R-1 clone 2 door, but other are for sale ....Bob

Kato
03-24-2013, 11:45 AM
I do not think I have seen that car in person. I have seen many. I would talk to the owner first and ask him about rust issues, and overall mechanical condition. $12K is a good price for a good car. Even if it does have some filler in, you can still enjoy it for years at a reasonable price. Many brand new cars have filler used on the seams, and having a little filler does not take away from the enjoyment of a car and club activities.

If you are in the car-seeking mode, I would highly recommend you join both chapters (~$20-25 each), and perhaps even put in a wanted ad in their ad section. In addition, because the chapters have many members spread out, there will be a person or two in Ancaster that will know about the car personally and may be able to offer a second opinion about it without you having to drive out to see it. If you are still interested, then you can go and have a good look.

Important: You do not have to own a Studebaker to enjoy club activities - another reason to take your time.

Part of the "fun" sometimes can be the chase: Finding a good car or part at a fair price. If you buy wisely, and you decide that is not the car you want, you can always trade up or down. Studebakers are also easy cars to work on.

There would be no issue with you leaving early to make your downtown Toronto appointment. In general, we are wrapping up at about 3:00, but the hall is booked until 5:00. The next day, there is another excellent swap meet (all makes of cars though) in Ancaster.

Great advice thank you. I think I am going to do exactly as you say and join the Ontario chapters. I am in absolutely no rush to buy and know what you mean about half the fun being in the hunt. I used to be in the hobby when I was young but got out of it because of career pursuits. It's been a long time so I have lots of catching up to do before I jump in too deep! lol

I should be able to make Badenoch so I am looking forward to meeting you then.

Kato
03-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Hello Kato; I will be going to Badenoch in my 58 Commander, but I am sure that I can talk Steve T into driving my 64 GT instead of his Lark that day. Welcome to our Studebaker world.

That would be great for me and Steve! Thanks!

Kato
03-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Hey, that one again. Haven't seen it in a couple years. It turned up once or twice at the Tuesday cruise at the Ancaster Canadian Tire, then it was for sale at a garage also in Ancaster, then it disappeared. I always figured it had sold, but the Ontario historic plate number in the Kijiji pix is the same as it was when I saw it (just a few numbers off from the plate on my Lark), so maybe it's still the same owner. At any rate, seems like a nice car, but I never saw under the hood. Surprising, with so many cruises in the area, that a car like this one can fly almost totally under the radar; some people simply enjoy driving a time warp vehicle, whether or not anyone else ever catches more than a glimpse!

S.

Hi Steve... Yes it looks OK in the pictures but it would be great to talk to someone who knows the car. As I've said, I'm in no hurry. Cheers!

Kato
03-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Sorry Kato but this one is not for sale and my grandson is in love with it and says he wants it for ever along with my 53 custom, 67 Avanti, and 63 Standard R-1 clone 2 door, but other are for sale ....Bob

Okay.... No problem Bob but here's a thought.... CAN I BE YOUR GRANDSON!!! lol. Cheers!

Steve T
03-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Kato--

If you see a shiny '62 Lark, it might be Fred Hall's, Roly Lusted's, Steve Gottfried's or Al Wilson's, but it won't be mine; my Lark runs beautifully and is a ball to drive, but it's about the mankiest-looking car in the Hamilton Chapter...LOL

Steve T

(And yeah, Steve P does not have to do any arm-twisting to cajole me into driving his '64 GT somewhere. So maybe you'll see me at Badenoch in a maroon Hawk!)

Kato
03-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Kato--

If you see a shiny '62 Lark, it might be Fred Hall's, Roly Lusted's, Steve Gottfried's or Al Wilson's, but it won't be mine; my Lark runs beautifully and is a ball to drive, but it's about the mankiest-looking car in the Hamilton Chapter...LOL

Steve T

(And yeah, Steve P does not have to do any arm-twisting to cajole me into driving his '64 GT somewhere. So maybe you'll see me at Badenoch in a maroon Hawk!)

Steve

Sounds to me like you have a Lark with "character "! Where would we be without characters? I'd be pleased to meet you with your Lark or Steves GT, looking forward to the 27th. Cheers!

Kato

Steve T
04-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Bump!

Hi Kato et al--just reminding you about Badenoch...turns out I do have that day off work, so I'll be there, probably in a maroon '64 GT Hawk, possibly in a tatty-looking blue '62 Lark...

S.

larkregal62
04-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Kato, if you might be interested I have a rust free 1964 GT Hawk that I would consider parting with. The car is in Central Pennsylvania very near York Pa. At present, I am at my winter home in Florida, but I will be returning to PA at the end of May. I am getting older and with being in PA only 6 months a year am "thinning my herd " some, 12 cars are just too many to try to maintain. The car is a 289 automatic.P.B. P.S. Radio (am) works The Carb has been rebuilt, also the transmission with a new torque converter. All brakes have been redone and the hydrovac unit replaced with one from Jon Myer. It has a Mallory distributer from Dave Tiebault. The radiator was also redone. Car has an older repaint in the Original Bermuda Brown. The seats are original and in decent comdition except for the top of the rear bench, which is sunbaked. This car was one of the last off the Southbend line,as it was built on 12/16/63. If you have any interest you may direct email me at larkregal62@aol.com I am looking for about $12,000.00 USD Gordon

dickeedee
04-22-2013, 01:39 PM
there's a gt for sale in Selkirk, Ont. it was on Kijiji..wanted 5 grand.

warrlaw1
04-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Met Kato, yesterday. Stand up guy. Hope to see him at Badenoch this week-end. A GT Hawk would look good on him (lol).