Need front fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Need front fenders

My wife and I have aquired a 63 Lark. It was her Grand parents car which they bought new in 63. I hope to get to work on it this spring and summer, I am going to nrrd a floor board and the 2 front fenders that i know of right off. I hope that someone here can direct me in the right direction to get these parat a (HAHA) reasonable price.

Hi Rodger! Congrats on getting a great car. I've got a '63 myself, and I really enjoy it.

Floor panels are available through classic enterprises. Here's a link to their website. They make the most accurate floor panels around, so if you want to do it right, go through them. Now, there are also floor panels for sale through ebay from time to time. Those are usually a quarter the price of classic's, but they aren't correct as far as the creases go. Still, most people seem to say that with a little work, the ebay ones can at least be made to fit.

Fenders are another story. If you fancy yourself a welding guru, classic enterprises also sells a 5" strip of fender that would replace the 5" closest to the doors. Believe it or not, Studebaker fender rust is so common in that area that nobody has footed the bill to have full fenders produced yet. You can find fiberglass fenders out there in a few places. Studebaker international still has piles of inner fenders, if I recall (the metal that faces the engine)

Hope that gets you started. You should post pictures of the car sometime. We love to look here. Welcome to the forum. Please come back and post often.

Also, just a heads-up, a moderator might move this thread to the general Studebaker discussion forum. About 90% of discussion happens there, and you'll get more exposure, so hopefully more leads
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Classic Enterprises has patch panels for the front fenders, and floorpans also. They are not as crisp as the originals, but with a bit of massaging, they will work just fine. They are at www.classicent.com or phone 715-537-5422
      They are nice folks, and I've had good luck with their products. They advertise in TW.
      Good luck with the Lark. I love my 63 Wagonaire.
      Kelly

Comment

Jim Sinclair has a pair of fenders on the Studebaker Swap Page.
        Kim

Comment

Working...
        X