'63 Dash pad ; Photos added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 Dash pad ; Photos added

I have a nearly perfect dash pad I have been hanging on to for a while and have been thinking of selling it but haven't got a clue as to its value. It is still soft and has no cracks but it has about a dime size nick in front ot the driver from when a tree fell on the car. The car was rose mist and only had 36K on it at the time. Is ebay the only way to figure it out at a particular time?
    RobClick image for larger version

Name:	101_1298.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1738314Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1297.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1738313Click image for larger version

Name:	101_1305.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1738315
    Last edited by mapman; 03-19-2013, 10:00 AM. Reason: photos added

These are very fragile to store off of the dash frame, the part around the glove box wants to warp, bend and crack.

Peeling it off of the dash also would be rough on a original pad, but if it survived all that and a Tree crash with only a dent, it must be worth $35-$40.00 and can be Vinyl Sprayed a more desirable Color.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This is the entire dash I pulled out of the car, still on the frame with the vanity.
      Rob

Comment

Originally posted by mapman View Post
        This is the entire dash I pulled out of the car, still on the frame with the vanity.
        Rob
        Sorry I misunderstood, you said dash "PAD".

If it is a COMPLETE Dash, now we have to get into the Gauge, Gauge Bezel Switches, Speedometer, Chrome Cluster Surround, Condition, etc., etc, it would be worth a lot more with all good stuff on the frame.

Now we need the Pics you would need anyway for eBay.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My dash has been pretty well molested. Buttons are mis-matched with a black fan switch amidst three white ones, a bunch of creatively rerouted wiring, and the most horrid hard plastic dash cap you've ever seen. I'd love to have something a little more desirable. Now, I'm probably not your buyer, as I don't think I have enough in the orphan car fund right now to cover shipping on the thing, but if the price was right, I'd still consider it. Pictures would certainly help!

Actual value would really depend on all the stuff Rich mentioned. Is it a gutted out shell, or are all the parts still in and functional? Again, pics help.

Now, if you want to separate the pad from the rest, I'm DEFINITELY interested there!
          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Hi , I need your dash. If can come up with a price or I would bid on Ebay. Please give me a call. thanks Terry 520-982-9771

Comment

Working...
            X