Disconnecting gas pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Disconnecting gas pedal

I'm trying to clean the floor mats to my Studebaker but to do so, I need to disconnect the gas pedal and brake and clutch to lift the floor mat from the ground. On the gas pedal, its connected to a rod on the top, easy enough to remove, but what about the bottom? I'm not sure exactly how to go about this and the Studebaker manual does not have any specific instructions on how to remove it. Thanks for the help-Kelii
    Sure she may have 85hp, sure she may not be the most attractive or fastest thing out there, but she is the best car that represents me- 1953 Studebaker Champion Sedan

Clean all the dirt from the pedal hinge area and you will probably find two phillips head screws or hex head cap screws.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I did not see any when I looked....
      Sure she may have 85hp, sure she may not be the most attractive or fastest thing out there, but she is the best car that represents me- 1953 Studebaker Champion Sedan

Comment

Judging from your photo, if you just want to clean the mat, you should be able to just lift it over the pedal once it is disconnected from the accelerator rod.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I'm not sure if it goes that far back or not...but I'll try

Comment

If your just cleaning the floor mats I personally wouldn't remove the pedal. My wife has this small carpet cleaner that I use. It sprays out a water/detergent mix, has a scrub brush & vacuums all the water up when its clean. I would be afraid of tearing the rubber mat if you removed it but if you have to first remove the sill plates on both l&r front doors, the front seat, l&r kick panels & then remove the mat. Hope this helps!
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
            X