PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm's Wagonaire

2R5
03-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Just got my March TW today and just wanted to comment on Malcolm's story .....what a great article and man does he drive that Studebaker! I thought I drove mine to a lot of meets but there sure can't be many who can outdo Malcolm.....way to go Malcolm and have a safe trip to Colorado....see you there .( if not before )

StudeMichael
03-15-2013, 11:42 PM
I read the article and wondered if the car came from the factory with an R2? The article does not really say.

Colgate Studebaker
03-16-2013, 07:58 AM
I've talked with Malcolm several times, and if I remember correctly, he did not have the R2 in the car when he got it. I might be wrong, but between Phil Harris and Malcolm, I remember that information. Malcolm has some neat trucks also that he is pretty proud of. He does a lot of "innovative" things to his vehicles, and he is an absolute joy to talk with. Bill Van Alstyne

DEEPNHOCK
03-16-2013, 08:06 AM
I remember the first time that I saw Malcomb make a pass with this car...(Osceola, 2002 IIRC)...
Saw it at the show, and drooled over the engine compartment.
Then, standing behind the starting line, I watched him stage the car.
Normal stage.... Tree blinks down.... Launced nice on the last yellow....
Launched really well for a big ol' wagon.
Perked my drag race senses to 'pay attention'....
Watched his pass from beginning to end...
1/2 shift....nice! 2/3 shift...nice! 3/4 shift....NICE! 4/5 shift... Wha!? 5 speed! Woohooo!
Just looking at it you'd never know..unless he told you.
One sweet machine that is put together extrememly well....
Worth all the positive comments...
(I have a video, or have seen a video of that run somewhere in the archives)..
Jeffhttp://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/images/icons/icon6.png

sweetolbob
03-16-2013, 08:38 AM
He had the wagon at the Zone Meet in Frankenmuth, Mi last summer. It's easy to see the work that has gone into the wagon, and yes, he said it was a Mustang 5-speed behind the R2.

A easy guy to talk to and a very nice car.

Bob

8E45E
03-16-2013, 08:47 AM
I read the article and wondered if the car came from the factory with an R2? The article does not really say.

Some his'try on that car here: http://www.studebaker-info.org/JTN/JTNEWS/JTN21spec.htm

Craig

Lark Parker
03-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Malcolm is a heck of a nice guy and an accomplished machinist.
It's good to see him featured in TW -- and a shame that he doesn't "computer" much.
On the forum we could learn a lot from him.