Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is this Actor w/ 56 Hawk?

Honest, I don't know who this is:

....but it looks like some sort of publicity shot and the Power Hawk / Flight Hawk has a California plate up front, so I figure this is somebody that's supposed to be rich / famous / important / all the above.

Any ideas, Hollywood sleuths? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Dick Quinn when a bit younger !!!

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
      Dick Quinn when a bit younger !!!
      I dunno, Jim; would Dick Quinn have even been seen with a postwar Studebaker in 1956? BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think an "A" picture actor would surely have a Golden Hawk.
        He's a big dude to be able to lean his elbow on the roof.
        The 58's had 14" wheels and using that for scale I figured he is 17' 6" tall.
        So, logically, he must be the stunt double for John Wayne when Yakima Cornutt wasn't available.
        Last edited by Lark Parker; 03-16-2013, 02:10 PM. Reason: I had a brain fart and was wrong-- its a 56 Hawk
        sigpic
        Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

....but it looks like some sort of publicity shot and the Power Hawk / Flight Hawk has a California plate up front, so I figure this is somebody that's supposed to be rich / famous / important / all the above.

How about a 32 year old, 6’-7” James Arness around the time of the first “GUNSMOKE” TV episode in 1955 and “GUN THE MAN DOWN” (a Western movie) filmed in 1956 ...both starring Arness.
          Last edited by Welcome; 03-14-2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

That would be Jim Davis.
            Bo

Comment

If not John Wayne's stunt double, then he must surely be John Wayne's mechanic. He wears a scarf around his neck for a grease rag and has the cuffs of his pants turned up to hold small parts and/or tools.
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

i'll go with Robert Conrad about 10 years prior to "The Wild Wild West": http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2526451712/nm0001066

looks like he's on his "tippy-toes"!!!
                Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                  i'll go with Robert Conrad about 10 years prior to "The Wild Wild West": http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2526451712/nm0001066 looks like he's on his "tippy-toes"!!!
                  ...or maybe it’s a scaled down ’56 Hawk?

I skied Vail Mountain with Robert Conrad and he only came up to my shoulders …and I’m barely 6’ ...on a good day!

Comment

Bo got it right.

Comment

I would go with the younger Jim Davis aka Jock Ewing. Robert Conrad would have had to stand on a bucket to have his elbow on the top of the car.
                      sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Not me, my uncle on mothers side Cliff Robertson.
                        Richard Quinn
                        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                          i'll go with Robert Conrad about 10 years prior to "The Wild Wild West": http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2526451712/nm0001066

looks like he's on his "tippy-toes"!!!

Hardly, Conrad is about 5'6" tall a runt of a man.
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                            Hardly, Conrad is about 5'6" tall a runt of a man.

I bet you wouldn't say that to his face.... I know I wouldn't. I'd never mess with James West or Pappy Boyington.
                            He is (or was now that he's almost 80) quite a tough guy.

Jim Davis was a customer of my fatyer-in-law's business back in the day...along with another old cowboy actor named Reagan.
                            Davis also starred in a late 50s TV show called Rescue 8....a pre-Emergency rescue show that was before my time.
                            Last edited by JBOYLE; 03-14-2013, 07:55 PM.
                            63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I remember Rescue 8.. I would have gone to my grave and never even thought back to then if It werent for reading it here. Thanks for jogging my memory. I believe it was in B&W. cheers jimmijim
                              Last edited by jimmijim8; 03-15-2013, 02:34 AM.
                              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
                              X