Hood latch spring ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood latch spring ?

I need a hood latch spring for my 53 Starliner. I don't see any listed in Studebaker International's catalog. Thanks , Dclewallen
    Darryl C. Lewallen Clarkesville, Ga.

Do you need the FIRST (Main) Catch Spring or the Second (Safety) Catch Spring?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

What is the Studebaker part number you are looking for???

FWIW, S-I has only perhaps 25% of all the different part numbers they have in stock listed in their catalog. Always best to call them and ask.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

wow I just remembered I need a spring for the safety latch hook for a 1949 champion. Its the spring inside the hook that hangs off of the hood if that makes any sense.
        Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        The Prez 1955 President State
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
        Fresno,Ca

Comment

Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman View Post
          wow I just remembered I need a spring for the safety latch hook for a 1949 champion. Its the spring inside the hook that hangs off of the hood if that makes any sense.
          Anne, I have improvised several of those springs with pretty good success. All you need is a spring from an old fashioned style wooden clothes pin. Like everything else these days, some manufacturers have cut back on the quality of material used. I have found that some of the clothes pins have better springs than others, but if you can get a good one, the spring makes a great safety hood latch replacement. You might have to tweak it a little to make it fit correctly, but they work great.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by dclewallen View Post
            I need a hood latch spring for my 53 Starliner. I don't see any listed in Studebaker International's catalog. Thanks , Dclewallen
            I need the main spring, not the saftey latch spring or the one on the hood. I need the one on that mounts on the body. I'll call SI. Thanks, dclewallen

Comment

I'm still looking for a hood latch spring for my 53 K body. Studebaker International only has complete latch @ $95.00. The only description I can give is from my 1953-1954 Studebaker passenger car shop manual. Page 2, Body Fig. 3. The spring I need attaches to the lock plate [underneath].That's all I got????????????????????.

Comment

Any other sources,numbers, Ace Hardware, etc. Thanks, dclewallen

Comment

Working...
                X