Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the archives #116 (1963 8E15-155 Crew cab Diesel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the archives #116 (1963 8E15-155 Crew cab Diesel)

Click image for larger version

Name:	63 truck crew cab diesel copy.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1738248
    Anyone know who ended up with this truck? It was owned by Asa Hall for many years but I lost track of it. Just curious.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Bo Markham now owns it. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...highlight=crew

Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig.
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

There were two of these are you asking about the 4 door or the 3 door Bo markham owns the 3 door. David walker of South Carolina owned the 4 door. Unfortunay David's entire collection of about 50 Stude were all destroyed in a fire just last month

http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885...sad+news+from+...
        John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Richard Quinn that crew cad was destroyed in fire last month.

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by 289stude View Post
            There were two of these are you asking about the 4 door or the 3 door Bo markham owns the 3 door. David walker of South Carolina owned the 4 door. Unfortunay David's entire collection of about 50 Stude were all destroyed in a fire just last month

John,

You got that backwards. I own the 1 ton 4 door that Richard has pictured above and David has the 3 door, which burned up.
            Last edited by Bo Markham; 03-11-2013, 07:20 AM.
            Bo

Comment

Sorry Bo I took a break from the Studebaker world for awhile must be a bit rusty
              John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

He ain't LION. I done Ceed it. cheers jimmijim
                Originally posted by Bo Markham View Post
                John,

You got that backwards. I own the 1 ton 4 door that Richard has pictured above and David has the 3 door, which burned up.
                Last edited by jimmijim8; 03-11-2013, 07:48 AM.
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I remember when Asa first got that truck. He drove it over, from Connecticut, to the Hudson Valley Chapter annual meet. It was also his Christmas card. I guess that was more than a few years ago.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Here is/was David's. To make a point...I often use the expression..."You could lick it from the front to back bumper and not find a germ!"

David lost a bunch of 'em that were that clean. Although he didn't lose all his collection...he lost most!

Name:	David's crew cab 1(rip).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1679345

Name:	David's crew cab 2 (rip).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1679346
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I wonder why only a 3 door ?
                      Originally posted by jclary View Post
                      Here is/was David's. To make a point...I often use the expression..."You could lick it from the front to back bumper and not find a germ!"

David lost a bunch of 'em that were that clean. Although he didn't lose all his collection...he lost most!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22028[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22029[/ATTACH]
                      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                        I wonder why only a 3 door ?
                        Joe,

These were prototypes. Studebaker was exploring the market for this type of medium duty diesel and the best configuration for that market. As it turns out the market was for the 4 door version. International Harvester built a 3 door version from 1957 until 1961 when the 4th door was added to their model as well. Toyota 1960, Dodge 1963, Ford 1965 and GM 1973.
                        Bo

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22028[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22029[/ATTACH]
                          What is actually left of it, John? Those were thick and tough; as unique as it was, could there remotely be enough left for an ambitious person to ressurrect? BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                            What is actually left of it, John? Those were thick and tough; as unique as it was, could there remotely be enough left for an ambitious person to ressurrect? BP

Bob, I stopped by David's a day after the fire to offer my support. At that time, it was raining, the debris was still hot, and the side of David's face was slathered in lotion where he had been burned saving the ones he was able to drive out of the building. Since then, I stopped by his restaurant for breakfast, but it happened to be his day off. I was tempted to go by his home again, but didn't want to make a pest of myself. David is very resourceful and I'm confident that if he needed me, he would call. I plan to make another visit as soon as I can, but I have been busy trying to fix up the spare room for my 92 year-old Mother to visit for a few weeks while my Sister (she lives with) is taking a trip.

Not that the spare room needs much...but you'd have to know my wife. She's afraid someone will happen to come by and find that we actually "live" here. Bless her heart...as long as she lives with me hanging around...you will never see our house featured in "Ladies Home Journal!" However, to humor her...I have replaced two sinks, bought a new mattress set, and relocated all those Studebaker parts that were under the guest bed!

Don't tell anybody...but I've even mopped, vacuumed, and dusted! Good grief...I'd rather be shoveling burnt Studebakers!

Mother arrives tomorrow. She's worth all the effort and more. Best Mother I ever had!
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                            X