ID Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID Help please

Hello i have a champ a truck and i just purchased a production order for it well its titled as a 63 but the serial number is E5139014 all the research that i have done says that it is a 64. How could this happen? And also in the paint slot it says 6407 special what does this mean cause down in the special options it says strato blue. Thanks for any help on this.

Originally posted by Champ truck 4D3 View Post
    Hello i have a champ a truck and i just purchased a production order for it well its titled as a 63 but the serial number is E5139014 all the research that i have done says that it is a 64. How could this happen? And also in the paint slot it says 6407 special what does this mean cause down in the special options it says strato blue. Thanks for any help on this.
    Strato Blue would have been a "Special" Order on a Truck. I believe that is the "Special".

Or if it was a very late '63 after the '64 Cars came out, the Truck line could have used a special ordered '64 Car Color.

What is the Date Assembled?

Many Cars get registered as the Year Built instead of the year Model. Since next years models did get Sold in Sept. of the previous year.

This is especially a problem on Trucks, since the "Year Code" was never rolled on 3E '57-'58 and 8E in '63-'64.

As you know, it is really no big deal since '63's are the same as '64's.

Hmm, P6407 is the Color, I do not find that in the Paint Chart? The P6413 is '64 Strato Blue.

Are you sure it is not the Body # or Serial Number?
    Last edited by StudeRich; 03-10-2013, 10:28 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yea it was pretty late the final assembly 9-9-63

Comment

Working...
      X