Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Lark w/ OHV Packard Six engine

Here 'tis:

'Learn something new every day on e-bay if you read all the descriptions! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Is that like back in the 70's when the General got in trouble for putting Chevy engines in Oldsmobiles?

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
      Is that like back in the 70's when the General got in trouble for putting Chevy engines in Oldsmobiles?

'Wait a minute; I just thought of something!

Perhaps that 1961 OHV Packard Six was an experimental half of the proposed 1962 Packard V-12! I mean, if Pontiac could half their V8 for the Tempest Four, why couldn't Studebaker-Packard do the same thing in reverse, introducing the half-an-engine first?

Ah-HA! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

Perhaps that 1961 OHV Packard Six was an experimental half of the proposed 1962 Packard V-12! I mean, if Pontiac could half their V8 for the Tempest Four, why couldn't Studebaker-Packard do the same thing in reverse, introducing the half-an-engine first?

Ah-HA! BP
        The Packard V12 story takes me way back. I recall many of us getting TW attention to that fake story.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
          The Packard V12 story takes me way back. I recall many of us getting TW attention to that fake story.
          What was the end result of all that? Remember all the discussion but not the outcome...

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

Refresh our memories, Bob!! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=toroflow

Craig

Comment

Looks to be a standard old 61 Study overhead 6 engine to me and I think the owner is one of our forum members.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

So THAT'S where Performability comes from. They started using Packard engines in '61! <G> It is a nice car, though!

Comment

Nice looking car
                  Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                  1961 Hawk 4-speed
                  1967 Avanti
                  1961 Lark 2 door
                  1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Working...
                  X