AMAC Members: Travelers Insurance Offer is Legit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMAC Members: Travelers Insurance Offer is Legit

Many of us "over 50" people on the forum are members of AMAC: The Association of Mature Americans.

If you are a member of AMAC, you might get a pitch in the mail from Travelers Insurance Company. In the envelope is an unactivated $20 Shell Gasoline Gift Card. To get you to call them and quote your auto insurance, they will activate the $20 Gift Card at the end of the quote whether or not you buy their insurance.

I got one of the offers in today's mail and called the toll-free number. The lady I spoke with ("Gail") was very nice and took down all the information about our "daily driver" car insurance. They were not able to better the price we are already paying AAA Insurance for the same coverage, but she immediately activated the $20 Gift Card already in my hand.

I went to our local Shell gas station after supper and the card worked fine, allowing the automatic pump to dispense $20 worth of Shell Gasoline!

So if you get the offer in the mail, it is legitimate and easy to do. I was on the phone barely 15 minutes with Gail, and she was very pleasant. When they couldn't beat the price we were already paying, she immediately asked me to hold a moment while she activated the card. That took about 15 seconds more; no hassle at all. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.
Working...
X