Quoted in the current TW, hoorah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoted in the current TW, hoorah

What a pleasant surprise to find an article about a Forum thread in the new Turning Wheels. I'm not sure but I think this is the first time a Forum thread made our club newsletter. Whoever picked this thread to publish knew that many members had wondered about "the Studebaker personality. The original post was by John Clary and he hit the ball right on. I think mildly edited forum posts may very well express thoughts that are interesting to the wider membership.

I, of course was very pleased and flattered to find myself quoted on page 19.

Kudos to John Clary and Art Unger

Murray ( AKA Stall)
    Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Interesting, 103 views without any comments!? I was also quoted.
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

So was I.
      I was surprised to see the Forum showcased.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I'm in there too. I really enjoyed the article. Someone needs to bump up the original thread. I barely remembered it. I think it was a long time ago.

Another great issue of Turning Wheels.
        Jon Stalnaker
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

It was a surprise to see my posting. I liked reviewing all of the comments again.
          "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

THE COOPERATOR editor Bob Palma has, on numerous occasions, made reference to queries or responses offered here on the forum. All part of the master puzzle.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Here is the link. I was totally surprised to see the article and to be quoted as well. Too cool.

Mark

Last edited by Bullet; 03-10-2013, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Of course it's important that they choose the Forum thread that they print carefully. Mu guess is that their careful to pick subjects that are interesting and non-confrontational to the much wider Studebaker world that reads Turning Wheels. I'll be careful to brush up on my grammer.

Murray

Comment

Originally posted by stall View Post
                  Of course it's important that they choose the Forum thread that they print carefully. Mu guess is that their careful to pick subjects that are interesting and non-confrontational to the much wider Studebaker world that reads Turning Wheels. I'll be careful to brush up on my grammer.

Murray
                  I didn't see a <G>, but hopefully you meant the misuse of "Mu" for My, "their" for they're and "grammer" for grammar as a joke.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

No wonder I could barely remember it. It was over two years ago. It was interesting to go back over the original thread. Art did let us know he wanted to use it for Turning Wheels.

Even being that old it was a great article. Props to Art and Ann for printing it. And what a fine job of editing out some of the typical negative digressions that occurr in most threads.
                    Jon Stalnaker
                    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Wow, The Forum has something for everyone; who knew that my fourth grade teacher, a nun from Holy Family school was on the Studebaker Forum and still correcting my hurried texts.
                      Murray

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      I didn't see a <G>, but hopefully you meant the misuse of "Mu" for My, "their" for they're and "grammer" for grammar as a joke.

Comment

Wow, The Forum has something for everyone; who knew that my fourth grade teacher, a nun from Holy Family school was on the Studebaker Forum and still correcting my hurried texts.
                        Murray
                        Well...you know...us poor flawed souls serve a humanitarian purpose...if it wasn't for us...the PERFECT worms would have to turn one each other!
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Murray
                          I have refrained from making corrections, except for Studebaker items. I posted because I thought that you were trying to be funny with your post. You did say; "I'll be careful to brush up on my grammer (sic)."
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

For me, it was a pleasant surprise. I enjoyed that part of TW and when I was reading, I couldn't believe that I saw my Forum post. Pleasant surprise. This may be a new trend in TW.
                            Rog
                            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                            Smithtown,NY
                            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Gary, No harm, no foul, actually you made me chuckle. I do deserve credit though for using foul instead of fowl don't you think?

Murray

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                              I have refrained from making corrections, except for Studebaker items. I posted because I thought that you were trying to be funny with your post. You did say; "I'll be careful to brush up on my grammer (sic)."

Comment

Working...
                              X