R2 Daytona day 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2 Daytona day 6

Not worth taking pictures of the days work, Jeff was just fixing some rust on the inner fenders and trunk. He covered the pin holed areas with fiberglass, then covered that with long strand fiberglass putty. If I know Jeff,even though you can't see the repairs, he'll sand the putty nice and smooth before covering it with my brush on bed liner. It was a short day for him since he seemed interested in helping me do my seat covers.

BTW, I found out my Caddy powered truck likes to play with me now that it's sold and I'm just waiting for the final payment. I asked N8 to start it up and drive it to the garage so we go do some final tweaking and it would not start. I've had trouble with the truck not starting after sitting, but this time, the starter even quit working. I figured I was in for some real work, maybe a new starter and a carb rebuild. I waited a hour or so and the starter "healed" itself and I got it running with some starting fluid and figured I look at the carb. As it turned out, the accelerator pump was stuck down, pulled it up with my pliers, spread some grease on the shaft and it starts on the first turn of the key now. The Quadrajet carb has a pump that is not linked to the arm, the arm just pushes it down and it should pop up on the spring. It has probably stuck down since I installed it since it was a old rebuild.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    64 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland
Working...
X