PDA

View Full Version : Sky Hawk spotted on a truck, who bought it?

mbstude
03-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Heading south on I-75 today, I saw a '56 Sky Hawk on the back end of a transport truck, northbound going through downtown Atlanta. Looked like a unrestored, dusty barn car. It was white with salmon (Mocha?) below the stainless trim.

sals54
03-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Matthew, was your dashcam malfunctioning??? Wheres the pix??

sals54
03-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Is this the same car jimmijim saw??

mbstude
03-07-2013, 03:44 PM
6 lanes of traffic on each side at 80 mph, no real opportunity to get out the camera and take a picture. <grin>

sals54
03-07-2013, 03:53 PM
C'mon, where's your Dukes of Hazzard mentality? Jump the median, pull a 180 and chase em down. No one over gets hurt when they do that on TV, so why not go for it??

GThawkwind
03-07-2013, 04:01 PM
wonder if its the same car bryan moran was selling

mbstude
03-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Jim says he saw a Golden Hawk. This one could've been, I wasn't able to look at it long enough.. I caught a glimpse and my brain said "Sky Hawk". Either way it was definitely a '56 K Body.

StudeRich
03-07-2013, 05:01 PM
If it IS a '56 Sky Hawk, I would love to be the lucky Guy who who bought it! :!: :!!:
Just not the guy who would have to pay to move it from one diagonal corner of the U.S. almost to the other. :(

mbstude
03-07-2013, 05:31 PM
You and me both Rich. The Sky Hawk is my favorite of all the Hawk models.

03-07-2013, 05:34 PM
If it IS a '56 Sky Hawk, I would love to be the lucky Guy who who bought it! :!: :!!:
Just not the guy who would have to pay to move it from one diagonal corner of the U.S. almost to the other. :(
Another car I wish I had never sold- original gold paint, virtually no rust, overdrive, complete. I was up to nine Studes then and decided to downsize. The Skyhawk wiring was cobbled up, the shift had been converted to a floor shifter the converted back to column and it was messed up. And the interior was rough, but it ran and could be driven (around the pastures). Ernie Loga has the car now, but it was even more cobbled up before he got it.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/56%20Skyhawk.JPG

SN-60
03-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Another car I wish I had never sold- original gold paint, virtually no rust, overdrive, complete. I was up to nine Studes then and decided to downsize. The Skyhawk wiring was cobbled up, the shift had been converted to a floor shifter the converted back to column and it was messed up. And the interior was rough, but it ran and could be driven (around the pastures). Ernie Loga has the car now, but it was even more cobbled up before he got it.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/56%20Skyhawk.JPG

The Sky Hawk truly was the high water mark of the '56 Studebaker Hawk line!

8E45E
03-07-2013, 06:27 PM

At least you know where it ended up!!

Craig

candbstudebakers
03-08-2013, 02:03 AM
At least you know where it ended up!!

Craig

I know where the one I had went, New Zealand, was offered here first but only tire kickers.

8E45E
03-08-2013, 08:39 AM
I know where the one I had went, New Zealand, was offered here first but only tire kickers.

That '66 with the floors so clean you could eat off of? Yep, I was also glad to see it went to a good home, regardless where in the world it went.

Craig

candbstudebakers
03-08-2013, 11:14 AM
That '66 with the floors so clean you could eat off of? Yep, I was also glad to see it went to a good home, regardless where in the world it went.

Craig

New owner restored the 66 cruiser and is the only one in New Zealand, same guy got the 56 Sky hawk.

plee4139
03-09-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm one of those lucky ones who owns this car. It was freshly restored when I bought it five years ago. I love every minute of owning and driving it.