Following up on a lead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following up on a lead

Guy in my town told me of a Studebaker hardtop sitting in a residential driveway just 6 miles from my house. Turns out it is a 56 J, no less than a #3+ condition. Mocha and white. Haven't made contact with the owner yet. cheers jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Tell us where it is so we can go look at it for you.....

Comment

202 Massee Dothan Al.

Meet me at the Waffle House. I'll show you how to get to the car. Call me when you get in. 304 374 6131. cheers jimmijim
      Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
      Tell us where it is so we can go look at it for you.....
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Is this the car Matthew just saw on the back of a transport?
        sals54

Comment

Sure sounds like it.
          Originally posted by sals54 View Post
          Is this the car Matthew just saw on the back of a transport?
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I don't know but will check with owner. jimmijim

Comment

Met the owner. Has owned the car for 20 yrs. Not a club member. If I ask him to join the club, he'll find out the cars value and I won't have a chance at getting it cheap although I didn't ask him if he would sell it. Story is some guy gave it to his brother who in turn sold it to him for 3 grand. cheers jimmijim

Comment

3k for a nice 56j!!!!! you should offer him 5 for and see if he knows any better

Comment

Let's see. 3 grand 20years ago<<<<<<<<<< == what in todays dollars? cheers jimmijim

Comment

Did you take a picture? Dan

Comment

The owner, or the car? They all look alike. cheers jimmijim

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                        Let's see. 3 grand 20years ago<<<<<<<<<< == what in todays dollars? cheers jimmijim
                        That $3000 would be $4780.90 (1993-2013). So the $5K recommended offer would be about in line.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Comment

I'm just a funnin cause I have all the Studes I need. Even if I didn't/ Yeah. nothing but nice "all for one and one for all" within this club. Right? Wrong. I've met more than a few "dingleschmidtz since 77. Did I ever speak of the time when 234567898765434567890&^%$^&&^%/. ? Well, probably not but the're amongst us. cheers jimmijim

Comment

Working...
                            X