PDA

View Full Version : Keystone 2012 raffle winner decides to sell

larkregal62
03-06-2013, 08:50 PM
I have been advised by the winner of the 1960 Hawk that he would consider selling the car since he is in the process of "thinning his herd". The asking price is $12,000.00. The car has not yet been retitled to him in Canada, so it would be relatively easy to facilitate transfer to the new buyer. The car is in storage in my garage in Pennsylvania. If anyone is interested, please either call me at 717-574-1529 or email me at larkregal62@aol.com Thanks Gordon F. Kertzel,111 Raffle Car Chairman-- Keystone Region Chapter

rockne10
03-06-2013, 11:31 PM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/rockne10/Janets_pics_2_012.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/rockne10/Janets_pics_2_017-1.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/rockne10/Janets_pics_2_015-1.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/rockne10/Janets_pics_2_013.jpg

Chris Pile
03-07-2013, 12:30 AM
That is a righteous price.
Too bad I don't have the money for it.

studer35
03-07-2013, 12:39 AM
The car looks beautiful. Can someone give me a report on the mechanicals and the extent of body repair required to look so good. In other words is it worth the money? I am shopping for a Hawk. Thank you, Grant

rockne10
03-07-2013, 12:48 AM
This was a first place winner at the Atlantic Zone Meet in Gettysburg, 2012. During the year it has been offered as the KRC Raffle Car it has been driven to over a dozen venues for display and promotion; never trailered! We will not raffle inferior restorations. You would be hard pressed to replace this for twice the fee.

Anyone who has seen the car, correct me if I'm wrong.

jimmijim8
03-07-2013, 06:21 AM
Does not get any better. Some pay a bunch more and still fall behind as far as quality is concerned. Car was not junk to start with. If you don't buy it soon, it's a coming south. cheers jimmijim

larkregal62
03-07-2013, 09:13 AM
We have records including the pics of the restoration which was done in South Bend. All records go with the car from purchase to present. To my recollection, the car was purchased in Tacoma WA and all maintanence records from new are in a folder with the car. I am sorry , but I cannot answer specific questions regarding those records as I am in FL til May and the car is in a garage in PA. Transfer will be coordinated by others of my committee in PA, but coordinated from here by phone and email. This car is a no disappointment vehicle that runs and drives 100%. It does not have power brakes or power steering. If you have other questions, post here or contact me directly at phone or email in above post. Thanks Gordon 0915 thursday 07March13

03-07-2013, 01:43 PM
The car looks beautiful. Can someone give me a report on the mechanicals and the extent of body repair required to look so good. In other words is it worth the money? I am shopping for a Hawk. Thank you, Grant
Personally I am surprised that the winner isn't asking more for the car. I believe Keystone paid more than that. I have known the car and the owners for a long time. That Hawk has never needed anything. It has been carefully maintained and garaged all the time they had it. But, it was owned to be driven- many chapter tours, trips to South Bend, more.
The previous owners bought tickets hoping to win it back. Does that tell you something?

2R5
03-07-2013, 02:26 PM
That certainly is a nice car ....I saw that there is a bad chip in the windshield ....probably the only thing wrong with it.

63t-cab
03-07-2013, 02:30 PM
The lower air intake panel is a different color,or is it ?

studegary
03-07-2013, 02:37 PM
The previous owners bought tickets hoping to win it back. Does that tell you something?

They can now buy it back at what appears to be a reasonable price.

EDIT: Please notify them in case that they are not aware that it is currently for sale.

sals54
03-07-2013, 03:48 PM
THis car hasn't sold yet??? For that price??? Are you kidding???

studefan
03-07-2013, 05:26 PM
I saw it at York and it is a beauty.

03-07-2013, 05:36 PM
They can now buy it back at what appears to be a reasonable price.

EDIT: Please notify them in case that they are not aware that it is currently for sale.
Thanks Gary. I emailed them this morning, but I kind of doubt that they will do it.

larkregal62
03-07-2013, 06:57 PM
I called and talked to Susan before I listed this on the forum. She said they were not currently in a position to reaquire the car. Yes Keystone paid more for the car---Purchase price was 15,000 and that was a good buy. There is a bullseye in the windshield, but it is not in the field of vision Gordon---Thursday 1900 hrs

Corvanti
03-07-2013, 07:53 PM
OMG!!! i'd love to max out one of my credit cards for that beauty! :drool:

StudHawk60
03-07-2013, 08:06 PM
I'd be all over that Hawk if I didn't already have a '60. Got offered $20,000 for mine last summer; turned the guy down. I've only had my Hawk since 1995---too soon to sell it.

Corvanti
03-07-2013, 10:38 PM
please, somebody stop me!!! ;)

i'm going "to sleep on it". i hope someone picks her up before tomorrow when i start looking at "creative financing" (cash to the seller), to "make it so"!

JDP
03-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Keystone should list it on ebay, pay the winner 12K and keep the rest for the chapter.

rockne10
03-07-2013, 11:45 PM
A financially prudent suggestion, John but,...we are a not for profit group. The lion's share of income from the Hawk raffle is already gone to procure the 2014 raffle Avanti. Profits already submitted or committed to the Museum, the Foundation, the support of our troops and other pulpits to spread the gospel of Studebaker. If profit is our goal we have lost our focus. All we need is enough to celebrate the heritage, and encourage the acquisition and enjoyment of Studebakers.

On the other hand...:woot::rolleyes:

Rerun
03-08-2013, 05:12 AM
I agree with John. Every year, Keystone raffles a car for a profit on their investment. These funds are put to good purposes. Profit on an ebay sale can be directed to more of those good purposes. Profit is not the goal. It is a means to the goal.

larkregal62
03-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Quick update and also some clarifications. The winner of the car has already been declared---from this point on Keystone is only acting as a facilitator between the winner and any who are interested in buying the car. ALL negotiations are between the potential buyer and Mr. Slipp. Keystone will endeavor to make the paperwork transition as convenient as possible. Also storage is not a problem for the short term if pickup cannot be arranged immediately. Keystone is not responsible for shipping and will not make any arrangements for such. ALL arrangements are between Mr. Slipp and the buyer. The buyer is also responsible for licensing and appropiate taxes in his/her state or province. We will arrange appropiate titling with the buyer. ALL financial transactions other than those necessary for title transfer fees etc.will be between buyer and Mr. Slipp. After tomorrow--for the next week-- I will not be available except by telephone at 717-574-1529--- I will not be axcessing my emails or the forum. There have been to this time 3 serious inquires referred to Mr. Slipp. If you are interested please do it before you are left in the dust. Also to clarify, I am not interested in listing on ebay, too much hassle.We do the raffle and the funds generated are adequate to thoroughly support our many projects. I have been asked to increase the number of tickets sold and have refused. It is my theory that we are making an adequate mark up after expenses and that the buyers of the tickets have a better chance of being the winner with the current arrangement. Few who suggest changes in the present way things are done have any idea of what is envolved now. most proposed changes,including John's would further complicate and increase the work already necessary for this project. However, thanks for the input Gordon

JDP
03-08-2013, 09:56 AM
If it does not sell, tell the new owner I'll list the car on ebay and split any monies over 12K with him and store it if needed. BTW, IMHO someone should grab the car at that price based on his more than fair, quick sale price.

Quick update and also some clarifications. The winner of the car has already been declared---from this point on Keystone is only acting as a facilitator between the winner and any who are interested in buying the car. ALL negotiations are between the potential buyer and Mr. Slipp. Keystone will endeavor to make the paperwork transition as convenient as possible. Also storage is not a problem for the short term if pickup cannot be arranged immediately. Keystone is not responsible for shipping and will not make any arrangements for such. ALL arrangements are between Mr. Slipp and the buyer. The buyer is also responsible for licensing and appropiate taxes in his/her state or province. We will arrange appropiate titling with the buyer. ALL financial transactions other than those necessary for title transfer fees etc.will be between buyer and Mr. Slipp. After tomorrow--for the next week-- I will not be available except by telephone at 717-574-1529--- I will not be axcessing my emails or the forum. There have been to this time 3 serious inquires referred to Mr. Slipp. If you are interested please do it before you are left in the dust. Also to clarify, I am not interested in listing on ebay, too much hassle.We do the raffle and the funds generated are adequate to thoroughly support our many projects. I have been asked to increase the number of tickets sold and have refused. It is my theory that we are making an adequate mark up after expenses and that the buyers of the tickets have a better chance of being the winner with the current arrangement. Few who suggest changes in the present way things are done have any idea of what is envolved now. most proposed changes,including John's would further complicate and increase the work already necessary for this project. However, thanks for the input Gordon

larkregal62
03-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Just received noticen from the winner that the car is sold and he is awaiting paypal payment. Appears to be a closed issue at the present time. Perhaps you should have bought it John, then you could have sold it on ebay and kept all the profit!!!:-))