PDA

View Full Version : SDC Windshield Decals

StudeRich
03-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Quote: "Today, 02:04 PMblackhawk61 (http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/member.php?1855-blackhawk61)http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/images/statusicon/user-online.png

President Member

Well........I talked to Studebaker International (they even asked Ed Reynolds) and I talked to Cornerstone Registeration......Neither knows where to get decals....And SI no longer has the SDC lapel pins.....Anybody have any of either they would part with ?"
Quote: "Today, 02:25 PMStudeRich (http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/member.php?989-StudeRich)

Golden Hawk Member OK, this is TOTALLY unacceptabe! In today's world of: "We Invented COOL" and all the SDC promotions to grow the Membership, we just cannot be without windshield Decals for EVERY CAR.

They need to be good looking, high quality, 4 Color INSIDE applied Decals (stickers) I would prefer the original red, White Blue and Black Wheel Design.

They had the website address at the bottom, but we DO NOT need a Phone number which will become obsolete.

This one is an outside applied "Sticker" and the White Background makes it show up better than the Clear background inside applied ones I have seen, but I like inside ones because they should live longer protected inside. Maybe they are available with White backgrounds.

Where is Stuart Tritt when you need him?

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21875&d=1362522894&thumb=1 (http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21875&d=1362523710)

Are you listening Board of Directors?

I just do not understand how our paid, elected, Membership Director Mark Wheeler at Cornerstone Registrations could NOT know what happened to them when he had to know where they came from since he was putting them in with all Membership Cards at renewall ??? :confused:

UPDATE: OH! by the way, that just happens to be HIS phone number on there!"

63t-cab
03-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Well there ya go,pick up the ball and RUN ! <G>

Mark57
03-05-2013, 10:19 PM
This is another one of those "common" SDC items that used to be readily available through the SDC store (SDC window decals, SDC fender covers, SDC licence plate frames, SDC Coffee mugs, etc.) that seemed to have vanished into thin air since the store function was transferred from Bill Glass to the SDC Museum. I don't know what happened to the store stock, but someone on the Board should have the answer or be able to determine the answer.

I too have contacted the Museum about SDC "stuff" from the past and the folks there seemed to know nothing about it.
Can anyone shed some light?:confused:

rockne10
03-05-2013, 11:07 PM
It is my understanding that final agreements between SDC and the SNM regarding the Club Store are not yet concluded.

Pending that moment, maybe product suggestions to the SDC Club Store could be something we could engender here. We have all had favorite items from the store in the past. As times have changed, store operators have changed, sometimes by the whim of the Lord. Sometimes, by that change, favorite items get overlooked, forgotten or misplaced. Rather than denigrate...support!
As SDC and the SNM complete contracts on a merger that would be of benefit to both, let's list those past items we miss and others we could suggest.

To wit:

Small window club decals
Studebaker pride bumper stickers
Static windshield oil change reminders
License plate frames (preferably quality stainless)
Classic embroidered service emblems for tech shirts

please add your suggestions.

Mark57
03-06-2013, 01:08 AM
It is my understanding that final agreements between SDC and the SNM regarding the Club Store are not yet concluded.

Pending that moment, maybe product suggestions to the SDC Club Store could be something we could engender here. We have all had favorite items from the store in the past. As times have changed, store operators have changed, sometimes by the whim of the Lord. Sometimes, by that change, favorite items get overlooked, forgotten or misplaced. Rather than denigrate...support!

Agreed! To add to the list -

SDC Club Jackets/vests
SDC Name Tags
SDC Fender Covers

:)

sals54
03-06-2013, 03:32 AM
StudeRich... check your PM

Welcome
03-06-2013, 07:27 AM
>>>if not, don't bother - just like the "useless and lazy" museum.

OUCH, OUCH!!!:eek:

Welcome
03-06-2013, 08:36 AM
>>>As SDC and the SNM complete contracts on a merger that would be of benefit to both,<<<

:ohmy:OH MY ...the very first word of the "MERGER" between the TWO largest not-for-profit Studebaker organizations on the planet has now actually "leaked out" in this very Forum thread!!!

Yes Brad, believe You & Your group were among the first to receive what has since been termed "The Visit" by some of the highests people in the Studebaker National Museum organization to discuss the future of our Studebaker hobby, etc., etc., etc.;) Brad, IIRC Your "Visit" took place in September 2011 and was one of the first of many face-to-face meetings held between top officials of the Studebaker National Museum and key SDC Regional/Chapter people!!!:D

2moredoors
03-06-2013, 09:00 AM
I am attempting to ascertain whether there still remains a quantity of the windshield decals. Cornerstone advised me that they ran out two years ago. I have emails to people who may be in the know. Please be patient and I will try to have an answer as to their whereabouts or lack thereof.

Thanks
cliff t
Director Crossroads

rockne10
03-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Not sure where you're coming from, Jim but I sure do want to compliment your zeal!

Now...any more positive thoughts?

JEWELL
03-06-2013, 10:02 AM
I got a window decal from SDC when I joined in 2012. Has this changed?

DieselJim
03-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Most important of all is for the items to be sold by a business/organization willing to accept foreign Visa cards etc and take PayPal. If not, don't bother - just like the "useless and lazy" museum.

Being a volinteer there since 1972, I find your comment hard to swallow.

Deaf Mute
03-06-2013, 01:07 PM
The leather belt I bought from the SDC store back when Paul Wallace was president of the SDC is still holding my pants up, but others have asked where I got it... SDC store ran out of them years ago.
Any window clings or stickers need to be INSIDE MOUNT. Perhaps some outside mounts would be needed by modifiers who tinted their glass really dark (those "nasty, unscrupulous modifiers" as from the Peter Paul & Mary song).

2moredoors
03-06-2013, 01:28 PM
I have contacted the SDC, Studebaker International and Cornerstone. The supply of stickers that were made many years ago are now all used up according to those whom I contacted. I am sure that in due course they will be made available again my suggestion is contact the SDC directly and make your feelings known. Advise your local president, regional manager, zone co-ordinator or director. Make your feelings known I am sure that things will be done if you ask. I know that I will be passing this along as soon as I am finished posting.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Bordeaux Daytona
03-06-2013, 02:06 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I was thinking it was about those large decals with a website address that car dealers install at the top of windshields or on the back window. Something like that might be good to bring attention to the club or then at least people would know what make it is.

StudeRich
03-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Thank you very much Ken Byrd (blackhawk61) from the "I forget....." post, Brad Johnson (rockne10) and especially Cliff Tattersall (2moredoors) for your actual help to resolve this matter.
It was good talking to you this morning Cliff, keep up the good work helping to keep SDC on track.

Jim Bella (Welcome) and some others who just wish to look at the negative and "assumed" side of the issues, I am sorry that I stirred you up because my intent was only to get the Decals going out to EVERY member, not trying to discredit those that have worked so hard (sometimes in their own way) to make this a better club. SORRY.

I will be contacting my Regional Director/Zone Coordinator about not only getting the Decals back in stock, but also getting them to Cornerstone Publications for inclusion in the Renewal Letter/Membership Card mailouts to everyone.

blackhawk61
03-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Thank you very much Ken Byrd (blackhawk61) from the "I forget....." post, Brad Johnson (rockne10) and especially Cliff Tattersall (2moredoors) for your actual help to resolve this matter.
It was good talking to you this morning Cliff, keep up the good work helping to keep SDC on track.

Jim Bella (Welcome) and some others who just wish to look at the negative and "assumed" side of the issues, I am sorry that I stirred you up because my intent was only to get the Decals going out to EVERY member, not trying to discredit those that have worked so hard (sometimes in their own way) to make this a better club. SORRY.

I will be contacting my Regional Director/Zone Coordinator about not only getting the Decals back in stock, but also getting them to Cornerstone Publications for inclusion in the Renewal Letter/Membership Card mailouts to everyone.

Rich,
Check on the 1" "lapel pins" too while You are at it. They are not avail either.
Thanks,
Ken

2moredoors
03-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Due to recent events there is no longer any financial issue preventing me from visiting the states, so maybe I can attend a future SB event?

The Crossroads Region Zone meet is on May 3 and 4th. You could attend the zone meet. visit the museum and take in other South Bend sights plus meet a great bunch of Studebaker people at the same time. Hope to see you there and bring along your ideas.

Welcome
03-06-2013, 06:23 PM
>>>Due to recent events there is no longer any financial issue preventing me from visiting the states, so maybe I can attend a future SB event?

That was a very careful choice of words, John!!!:D

You certainly did not put …"a future [SDC] event in SB." May be best all-around to ...make peace, not war …with the folks at the Studebaker National Museum before heading to SB for future "SNM" events!!!;):cool:

hawk58man
03-06-2013, 09:32 PM
"Here Here!"..

avantilover
03-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Any news on these items, and their availability?

oldsalt
03-10-2013, 12:08 AM
This one is sorta worn out.

bezhawk
03-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Every dealing I have had with the museum has been truly fantastic. From getting blueprints, to getting the Lowey Avanti shipped to me .