Console in a 52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Console in a 52

A while back there was a thread about what we would be working on this winter. I had a bunch of projects, one of which was to finish up a console idea I had.
    In the past I've adapted a console from one car to another. I like the looks of mid 60's Pontiac consoles with the shiny ribs on them. But even swap meet consoles are expensive now, and need a lot of work to fit. So this time I'm starting from scratch.
    The pics are the plan in CAD and a few teaser pictures of the aluminum blank on the mill. You'll have to wait a few months for more, I have a lot more polishing and fab to do. The crown jewel in the center will be a 52 Starliner medallion that Roscomacaw sent me a in a box of parts a few years back.
    Attached Files

You certainly have talent!!!
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Looks like a fantastic start. I love one off pieces that guys come up with. Little touches like that make a true hot rod.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Gotta love those cup holders!
        Jamie McLeod
        Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
        1958 Commander "Christine"
        1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
        1955 Commander Sedan
        1964 Champ
        1960 Lark

Comment

Originally posted by FlatheadGeo View Post
          You certainly have talent!!!
          I work for a CAD/CAM company. And it helps to have friends with CNC machines.

Comment

Cool Dan,
            Like your ideas and love your logo. Keep on holding up that,..... (Studebaker sign)

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by Michidan View Post
              I work for a CAD/CAM company. And it helps to have friends with CNC machines.
              I've got to find some different friends. Nice design, looks great.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                I've got to find some different friends. Nice design, looks great.

Bob
                times two...that is awesome! keep us posted on progress. cheers, junior
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Nice.. I too have been looking for a 62 Pontiac GP console. The ribbed panels are just what I want.. Your design is excellent...

Comment

Here is the almost finished product. I've got hours of polish time in on it, and it needs more. But I'm tired of polishing, I want to do some driving.
                    The sides are still missing, but the part is held up by the braces underneath. Sides will be just be carpeted panels screwed on, they don't support anything.
                    I dig it!
                    Plus another thank you to Bob/Biggs/Roscomacaw for the starliner medallion. That really was what got me started thinking about doing this project. Now it's right there where it should be, riding around in a 52 Stude.
                    Attached Files

Comment

wow, that turned out real nice...more polishing??? ya ought ta make a fab business, how sweet it is! junior
                      sigpic
                      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Doesn't get any better 'en that. Perfect cheers jimmijim
                        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Very nice work, Dan! It looks just like it was made for your car! ...Oh, wait a minute, I guess it was, wasn't it? Anyway, great job!
                          John
                          1950 Champion
                          W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
                          Holdrege NE

Comment

Wow! A home run for sure. I have seen lots of consoles that look like afterthoughts, but this one looks very nice.
                            "In the heart of Arkansas."
                            Searcy, Arkansas
                            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Wow Nicely done!
                              Pat Dilling
                              Olivehurst, CA
                              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                              X