Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Casting nr

Hello all.

Have anyone heard about heads with number 536686?

Was on a -58 Golden Hawk sold new in Sweden.
    Production order say 70 head.
    Could it be optional low comp heads.

They belong to my friend Ingemar, and he will messure the volyme of them, comparing tho other heads.

Thanks.
    Lennart.
    Lennart...
    -63 Avanti R1
    -61 Champ 6E5 122\"
    -57 Transtar 3E5/7 112\"
    -58 Golden Hawk

Remember, you are looking at the "Casting number". It does not match the "part numbers" they are two different numbers for the same head.

The parts catalog shows 57H, 57L, 58H, 58L Supercharged, for export head as PART NUMBER 536790. That is probably what you have, it is 7.1 to 1 compression. Standard was part #536097 not much diff.: 7.5 to 1.

I do not know why it does not match the last 2 numbers of the part number, I believe it should! If this is a recent "copy" of the production order or an older Newman & Altman one it makes a diff. I think the old ones were reproduced by hand, typing the info from the original (subject to typos) and the new ones from the Museum are actually copies, (at least the typos are ORIGINAL!).

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Remember, you are looking at the "Casting number". It does not match the "part numbers" they are two different numbers for the same head.

The parts catalog shows 57H, 57L, 58H, 58L Supercharged, for export head as PART NUMBER 536790. That is probably what you have, it is 7.1 to 1 compression. Standard was part #536097 not much diff.: 7.5 to 1.

I do not know why it does not match the last 2 numbers of the part number, I believe it should! If this is a recent "copy" of the production order or an older Newman & Altman one it makes a diff. I think the old ones were reproduced by hand, typing the info from the original (subject to typos) and the new ones from the Museum are actually copies, (at least the typos are ORIGINAL!).

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
      X