PDA

View Full Version : I forget........

blackhawk61
03-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Where do we get SDC decals ?

StudeRich
03-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Lets see the SDC Store was sold to the Museum and they sold Some? All? to S.I. ????????? you got me! :confused:

StudeDave57
03-04-2013, 09:01 PM
I seem to remember 'back in the day' we used to be able to order them when renewing our membership.

Whatever happened to that?

dean pearson
03-04-2013, 09:05 PM
The only one I had came with my first membership cards.

Dean.

SN-60
03-04-2013, 09:08 PM
The powers that be might not be able to decide whether to keep the 'Stude Wheel' decal or go with the new 'S' design.

blackhawk61
03-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Yeah.........used to get one every time we renewed.....What happen to that ?

blackhawk61
03-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Well........I talked to Studebaker International (they even asked Ed Reynolds) and I talked to Cornerstone Registeration......Neither knows where to get decals....And SI no longer has the SDC lapel pins.....Anybody have any of either they would part with ?

StudeRich
03-05-2013, 05:25 PM
OK, this is TOTALLY unacceptabe! In today's world of: "We Invented COOL" and all the SDC promotions to grow the Membership, we just cannot be without windshield Decals for EVERY CAR.

They need to be good looking, high quality, 4 Color INSIDE applied Decals (stickers) I would prefer the original red, White Blue and Black Wheel Design.

They had the website address at the bottom, but we DO NOT need a Phone number which will become obsolete.

This one is an outside applied "Sticker" and the White Background makes it show up better than the Clear background inside applied ones I have seen, but I like inside ones because they should live longer protected inside. Maybe they are available with White backgrounds.

Where is Stuart Tritt when you need him?

Are you listening Board of Directors?

I just do not understand how our paid, elected, Membership Director Mark Wheeler at Cornerstone Registrations could NOT know what happened to them when he had to know where they came from since he was putting them in with all Membership Cards at renewall ??? :confused:

UPDATE: OH! by the way, that just happens to be HIS phone number on there!

Welcome
03-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Well........I talked to Studebaker International (they even asked Ed Reynolds) and I talked to Cornerstone Registeration......Neither knows where to get decals....And SI no longer has the SDC lapel pins.....Anybody have any of either they would part with ?

How very sad is this???

The lack of our Club's decals is just one more small "indicator" of how far down the tubes the SDC, Inc. has sunk over the past 6 or so years.:o

So sorry Ken, I gave all my SDC window stickers away a few years back when someone else on the Forum was also trying to find them.

Bamajak
03-05-2013, 08:34 PM

Ken I have some NCSDC stickers I had made up a few years ago............
Jack

2moredoors
03-05-2013, 10:13 PM

I take it you did not speak with Mark Wheeler as he is out of the office until March 11. I have sent an email to the SDC president.

StudeRich
03-05-2013, 10:26 PM
I have started a new thread about "SDC Windshield Decals", because this one has a poor Title.

EVERYONE; please try to remember NOT to use these cool titles that start a sentence in the title and finish in the post text, because they cannot be found with our search function for the actual subject matter.

Not trying to be the Forum Police here, just trying to help make your experience here better and easier! :)

rockne10
03-05-2013, 10:59 PM
The lack of our Club's decals is just one more small "indicator" of how far down the tubes the SDC, Inc. has sunk over the past 6 or so years.
WOW, JIM! Expect the worst? See the worst.
On a positive note, maybe product suggestions to the SDC Club Store could be something we could engender here. We have all had favorite items from the store in the past. As times have changed, store operators have changed, sometimes by the whim of the Lord. Sometimes, by that change, favorite items get overlooked, forgotten or misplaced. Rather than denigrate...support!
SDC and the SNM are attempting to complete contracts on a merger that would be of benefit to both.

Pending that outcome, let's list those past items we miss and others we could suggest.

To wit:

Small window club decals
Studebaker pride bumper stickers
Static windshield oil change reminders
License plate frames (preferably quality stainless)
Classic embroidered service emblems for tech shirts

please add your suggestions.

dean pearson
03-05-2013, 11:07 PM
OK, this is TOTALLY unacceptabe! In today's world of: "We Invented COOL" and all the SDC promotions to grow the Membership, we just cannot be without windshield Decals for EVERY CAR.

They need to be good looking, high quality, 4 Color INSIDE applied Decals (stickers) I would prefer the original red, White Blue and Black Wheel Design.

They had the website address at the bottom, but we DO NOT need a Phone number which will become obsolete.

This one is an outside applied "Sticker" and the White Background makes it show up better than the Clear background inside applied ones I have seen, but I like inside ones because they should live longer protected inside. Maybe they are available with White backgrounds.

Where is Stuart Tritt when you need him?
?????DO YOU MEAN TRAVIS TRITT?????

Are you listening Board of Directors?

I just do not understand how our paid, elected, Membership Director Mark Wheeler at Conerstone Registrations could NOT know what happened to them when he had to know where they came from since he was putting them in with all Membership Cards at renewall ??? :confused:

UPDATE: OH! by the way, that just happens to be HIS phone number on there!

Dean Pearson.

StudeRich
03-06-2013, 04:50 PM
I am not sure who Travis Tritt is Dean, I am not a Movie goer or a Country Music fan or whatever he is into.

OUR Mr. Tritt is a long time Trophy, Decal, Sticker etc, etc Mfg. and salesman and a good supporting member of SDC in Kimball, Nebraska.

Welcome
03-06-2013, 11:13 PM
>>>and all the SDC promotions to grow the Membership, we just cannot be without windshield Decals<<<Are you listening Board of Directors? I just do not understand how our paid, elected, Membership Director Mark Wheeler at Cornerstone Registrations could NOT know what happened to them when he had to know where they came from since he was putting them in with all Membership Cards at renewall ??? :confused:

Perhaps you might be directing your inquiry/concern to the wrong people?!?! Have you contacted our new SDC PR & Marketing contractor about this??? One would think these SDC window stickers would fall under the category of a SDC marketing aid.

PS: StudeRich, donít look now, but that entire thread you started about the "Decals" has simply vanished off our SDC Forum!!!:eek:

studer35
03-07-2013, 12:49 AM
One might opine that calling the SDC an organization is an oxymoron. Stu was alive and well in NB last week.

StudeRich
03-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Perhaps you might be directing your inquiry/concern to the wrong people?!?! Have you contacted our new SDC PR & Marketing contractor about this??? One would think these SDC window stickers would fall under the category of a SDC marketing aid.

PS: StudeRich, don’t look now, but that entire thread you started about the "Decals" has simply vanished off our SDC Forum!!!:eek:

GREAT, I wonder what was said on it that was inappropriate? :confused:

That is not cool, I looked for the Stude. Forum questions Forum to see if it moved there, and that entire Forum is Gone!

You didn't say something worse after I logged off last night or early this morning did you? :eek:

StudeDave57
03-07-2013, 02:37 PM
That is not cool, I looked for the Stude. Forum questions Forum to see if it moved there, and that entire Forum is Gone!

I don't see your thread, but I did find the Fourm you speak of~
http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/forumdisplay.php?15-SDC-and-Forum-Discussions

Maybe the thread was deleted in error during an attempt at being moved?

As to the decals~ I got to thinking about this last night.
I wonder if maybe the Club allowed the stock of old decals to go away in preparation for the new logo which may have already been 'in work' behind the scenes at that time? Just a thought.

StudeDave '57 :cool:

StudeRich
03-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Found it! Thanks Dave, well how about THAT, there is a whole new world out there, albeit under some heading I have never gone done low enough to see, called SDC-Specific Boards (http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/forumdisplay.php?22-SDC-Specific-Boards) !

I am still probably not going to have the time to go to more than General and Tech. Forums as usual but good to know it's there I guess.