PDA

View Full Version : Differences in 1941 grilles (Champion vs Commander/President)

Studebaker Wheel
03-02-2013, 03:09 PM

Some time ago someone emailed re the difference between the grilles used on the 1941 Champion and the Commander/President. At the time I simply responded that the Commander/Presidents were lower and wider. Now I have received a second inquiry on the same topic so decided to be more specific. The images above show the detailed differences. Maybe the person who initially ask was on the forum and if so now you have a more graphic answer? Incidentally the top photo is a Champion.

StudeDave57
03-04-2013, 03:53 AM
I am VERY shocked that Craig has not posted his awesome photo of the '41s that showed up at the Bell's Place during my Chapter's Zone Meet a few years ago. I believe we had one of each model for '41.
They all ended up on the cover of TW. Not to mention the ASC's magazine... ;)

(then again- Pre-War cars are not my thing- they may all be '40s for all I know...) :ohmy: :whome: :oops:

8E45E
03-04-2013, 08:27 AM
I am VERY shocked that Craig has not posted his awesome photo of the '41s that showed up at the Bell's Place during my Chapter's Zone Meet a few years ago.

Dave, that photo you are referring to is here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?32472-2010-Can-Am-Zone-Meet-(Bellingham-WA)/page2&highlight=bellingham

Craig