Quickie about tach dash light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickie about tach dash light

1964 GT Hawk - got all the dash lights working expcept for the tach light - power good to it so it must be the bulb right? I have crammed myself under the dash and followed the wire to the socket area and for the life of me can't figure out how to coax the little devil away from the tach mother ship. What am I missing here? Twist turn? Push Pull? Hammer and chisel? disassemble car to get at it? As my arm falls asleep and I realize I am laying on a screwdirver and have the accelerator pedal in my right ear I don't want to get frisky and screw something up.
    Advice?
    Dave Hugo
    Wellford, SC
    1940 Champion
    1950 Champion Coupe
    1955 President Coupe
    1963 Lark Custom 2 Door V8

Pull, no twist nessecary. Try not to tip it too much, as you may break the bulb if it goes all at once. Should be a #57 bulb. (unless it's R engined, then it will be 57R) for red bulb.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

No R here :-) Thanks for the help, I'm sure it will pull right out after such a short time being in there all comfy - I'll be gentle and respectful
      Dave Hugo
      Wellford, SC
      1940 Champion
      1950 Champion Coupe
      1955 President Coupe
      1963 Lark Custom 2 Door V8

Comment

Be advised that ALL Instrument Bulbs in ALL '64's are #57TR, Transparent Red larger size.

#53TR 1816, 1445 are the small size bayonet base type used in switches, Dials, Radio etc.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Bumping this one up since many people do not know this info because over the years most '64's have been replaced with the wrong instrument light bulbs.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X