PDA

View Full Version : 1965 Studebaker Radio Commercial

Bordeaux Daytona
03-01-2013, 04:50 PM
I mentioned this in another thread but I figured it should have it's own.

The SNM sells a dvd with a bunch 64 commercials on it. There's a few 66 commercials on the dvd but no 65's. Has anyone ever seen one?

I bought an audio cassette tape over 25 years ago that has an a 65 radio commercial on it where they keep repeating, "The common sense car" Pretty neat.
It's basically a copy of a Robert W. Morgan on KHJ in LA broadcast.

Cd for sale on amazon - Cruisin' 1965, it's in Track #9
http://www.amazon.com/Cruisin-1965-Various-Artists/dp/B000000EAH/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Here it is on youtube, go to 32:11 to hear it.:) I thinking that the second voice might be Hal Smith's. He did a lot of voice overs and was Otis the drunk on the Andy Griffith Show.

There's a neat rambler commercial on it too. "I got a rambler, yeah yeah yeah". It's at around 3:12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAjI7ExxDHM

thatkid
04-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Maybe you or someone else out there can help. A friend who has been active in SDC for decades used to have a cassette of 1950-51 Studebaker radio commercial jingles, acquired at one of the conventions in the 70's. But the tape was apparently stolen from her home along with some other valuables several years ago, and she's been unable to locate another copy. Back then I had made a reel-to-reel copy, but have long ago junked my reel recorder and tapes. Does anyone still have a copy of this cassette and could make for me either a cassette or CD copy I could pass along to her? Please contact me: jmissinne16mm@gmail.com

Bordeaux Daytona
04-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Somebody was selling a cd a few years back on ebay with a bunch of studebaker commercials on it. I'm not sure how far it went back, I thought it was only around 1955. I'd have to find mine and see, it might take a while since things need reorganizing.

Bordeaux Daytona
04-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Oh, I was able to isolate this 65 commercial to a mp3 and I'm going to post it to youtube sometime.

Studebaker Wheel
04-24-2013, 02:12 PM
Maybe you or someone else out there can help. A friend who has been active in SDC for decades used to have a cassette of 1950-51 Studebaker radio commercial jingles, acquired at one of the conventions in the 70's. But the tape was apparently stolen from her home along with some other valuables several years ago, and she's been unable to locate another copy. Back then I had made a reel-to-reel copy, but have long ago junked my reel recorder and tapes. Does anyone still have a copy of this cassette and could make for me either a cassette or CD copy I could pass along to her? Please contact me: jmissinne16mm@gmail.com

I have those original records with the radio ads from that era. You need to talk to Todd Ruel who has a website (podcast) called Gone Autos. He has recorded a lot of the old radio (and TV) ads and transcriptions on state of the art equipment that I do not have access. His email address is todd@goneautos.com You can also access his web site at: http://www.goneautos.com/index.html