tips/tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: tips/tricks

Hey guys. I'm about to pull my 232 outta my 1952 commander, and drop in a 289 from a 1963 Daytona. Any tips and or tricks would be awesome. I am going to use the original (if its not all chewed up in there), and I already know I have to change the pins/bolts at the bell housing, but anything else I should know? Like where is the hidden bolt that I know that's in there. What have you guys run into? Thanks Brad.

Original transmission ( sorry I'm doing this from the airport terminal waiting on my flight home while on the phone)

Comment

If you're leaving the 1952 bellhousing in there, you'll need to dial-indicate it to the 1963 block.

If the crankshaft-to-flywheel bolts are for a stick shift and you are going to an automatic, or vise-versa, you'll have to change the bolts in the back of the crankshaft; each arrangement has its own bolt length.

Finally, you must keep the starter motor and flywheel combination intact. You can't mix and match 12 volt starters to "6-volt" flywheels or vise-versa.

Others will post more itmes, I'm sure. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

And I'm going to post a blog during this whole process as well, just for giggles

Comment

Krikes!!! Original automatic transmission...sorry again

Comment

Originally posted by studeillac1952 View Post
            Krikes!!! Original automatic transmission...sorry again
            What the heck Brad,.... You flying back from down under?

(Krikes) Just what does that really mean ? HAHA!

Dean.

Comment

Hey Dean. That was the least offensive word I could up with. Been in Arizona at a HD training class.

Comment

anybody???? any takers on some tips/tricks??? seems like my threads get lost in the shuffle....

Comment

Sorry Brad I have to learn everything the hard way and am just not experienced enough to help.

Try to re title your post and simplify the question, With a little luck maybe one of the heavy weights will weigh in.

If that doesn't work P.M. me, I'll send you a list of names that you can ask to post it for you to get a flood of answers.

(sorry that's sarcasm in an bad way)

Dean.

Comment

My tip: Don't put all of a healthy 289's power into that early auto trans too often........Tread lightly! (Or keep a dustpan and broom handy!)

Comment

Working...
                    X