• Studebaker plant telephone books 1929-1964

Click image for larger version

Name:	composite.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1738152
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

A friend of mine from the Fire Dept. found one of those in the Engineering building when we did a walk through right before demolition. I forget what year it was from, I think either '63 or '64, but he found his dad's name in it which was very cool. Last name was Mack.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

'Love the huge BOMB on the 1940 Directory, Dick.

That's interesting; the 1940 Directory would have been published almost two full years before December 7, 1941. Of course, they would have been building a few armaments for the Brits and such at the time...but, still, did they know something the rest of us didn't? BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I have Otto Klausmyers from 1958.

Comment

Harold Churchill & EM Churchill

Thought it was interesting to note that Harold Churchill must have had an office during this time, wonder where it was? Also saw EM Churchill in Engineering - wonder if that is some relation?

Interesting material -- hope it goes well for you Richard - thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]21665[/ATTACH]

Have been doing some inventory of some old Studebaker items of late. Included is the Studebaker plant telephone books. In the past I have found these to be valuable in looking up salaried employees and checking out their departments and in some cases official titles. These are very difficult to find since previous years books were generally tossed on when the new ones were issued. The museum does not even have much of a collection of these. As noted in the image above I am missing several but believe that my collection is probably the most complete extant I also have a '64 not shown). I do have a few duplicates and just listed a ’63 on Ebay. If interested see:
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Studeba...-/310610661904
            IF …the winner of this http://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Studeba...-/310610661904 1963 Studebaker plant telephone directory should happen to be here on the SDC Forum, I would be very interested in a scanned copy of the pages just to see how many family members and former Studebaker employees I recognize and are still around.

And yes of course, I’d be willing to pay a fair price for the above scanned copies.

You can PM me here ...or ...email me direct at: TheStudeFamily@aol.com

TIA
            Last edited by Welcome; 03-03-2013, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
              A friend of mine from the Fire Dept. found one of those in the Engineering building when we did a walk through right before demolition. I forget what year it was from, I think either '63 or '64, but he found his dad's name in it which was very cool. Last name was Mack.
              Hey Chris,

CASIMER, H (Hank) Prod. Control as shown in this http://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Studeba...-/310610661904 1963 Studebaker factory phone directory is another name to add to the list for your "May 2013 Project." He is also an AM General retiree and in the warm months is a volunteer tour guide for the SNM.

Hank would make an excellent candidate for what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                WOW ...$107.98 for an old phone book!!!

Was anyone on this Forum the lucky winner???

Comment

I picked that same phone up back in 2008 via Ebay for $38 from the same seller Dick Quinn, so figure mine was a bargain.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                  MELBOURNE.

Comment

These posts are quite interesting. I thoroughly enjoy reading them. My mother is Cindy (Churchill) Colip, Harold Churchill was my grandfather.

Comment

Brandy; You grandfather was a very good man! I interviewed him at his farm back in the late 70s. Have you read the book about him by Robert Ebert?
                      Richard Quinn
                      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Working...
                      X