Need rear drum for 56J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need rear drum for 56J

I need to purchase a rear finned brake drum for my 56. Does someone make these new ? If so who does...if not.... someone have a good one I can get turned that will work. thanks much

Have you tried contacting Dwayne at: http://www.studebakervendors.com/midwest/index.htm
    He picked up all my extra 56J rear drums awhile back ...might still have some.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mike super View Post
      I need to purchase a rear finned brake drum for my 56. Does someone make these new ? If so who does...if not.... someone have a good one I can get turned that will work. thanks much
      Check with Studebaker International, they should have the new drum you need.

Comment

I have a couple of good used...$60 + shipping (ea)
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
          I have a couple of good used...$60 + shipping (ea)
          Thank you and the others for both the information supplied and ability to pick up a couple of good used drums from you. We did some parts store diggin and came up with a couple of new new drums that will work.

Comment

Originally posted by mike super View Post
            Thank you and the others for both the information supplied and ability to pick up a couple of good used drums from you. We did some parts store diggin and came up with a couple of new new drums that will work.
            Dodge pick-up?
            Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
              Dodge pick-up?
              We bought 2 new Ford drums. Took out the complete axle assembly and ran them over to machine shop to remove the hubs and press out old studs for the shoulder was deformed ...not permitting old hub to be used less we used new studs. This way we found drums with a slightly larger hole and had to press in new studs that fit properly. I wanted to use all new components no old stuff.

COSTS..... two drums 30.00 each 10 new studs....29.00 machine shop.... 60.00 ..................... 150 bucks for all new components.

Lastly to answer your direct question, I have no clue if a dodge pick up set of drums work.
              Last edited by mike super; 02-26-2013, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X