Finially Home from Paint Shop - 57 Silver Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finially Home from Paint Shop - 57 Silver Hawk

After all this time I can start getting it road worthy and enjoy the spring. These photos were taken last weekend so the car was dusty at the body shop. They cleaned and polished it one more time as I got it back to my garage Wednesday. Of course clean it looks better! Much better.
    It's such a fab color - black in the daylight, deep blue in spots and totally different under the street lights.

Oh - no worries - I have a 2nd set of stock rims painted to match..

It was going to be a cheap "daily driver" paint job with minimal body work and then was slowly upgraded to the top quality work and fitting.. Glad I went for the higher end work..

Next step - rebuilding the doors, cranks, vent window glass work, etc..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HammondA100; 02-23-2013, 09:31 PM.

Congratulations on the beautiful finish, my Lark will be like that when I can get her done.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Very nice. Congrats on what looks to be a sweet job. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

All I can say is.....

WOW!!!!

Can't wait to see it finished. I bet you can't either!
        1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

That color is really nice. Get that baby assembled so you can enjoy it soon. Looks great.

Comment

Very nice!!! as one of them was my first car way back in 1962.

Comment

Oh that is going to be so sweet when you get the shiny stuff put back on. Would love to see this in real life, it`s probably going to switch tones in cloudy conditions too, lovin it. Junior
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

It is a nice feeling when things move forward and get to a point when you can start really knowing your making head way, nice car and enjoy it.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Good job! This blue looks outstanding on your Hawk..!

Comment

Beautiful! It is going to really POP when all the stainless and chrome is in place. Keep us posted.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Great work..look foward to seeing the finished product...

Comment

Very nice paint....Up around Iowa I think they call that chamelion paint. Very nice

Comment

I had the same thrill when mine came out of the booth. Black is the hardest colour, it shows all the work you've done to prep. Good luck with it. Spring is coming
                          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Thanks for all the best wished and nice comments!! I'm planning to try to get to the convention as I need to go to Dallas so might take that route for fun.
                            I'm working on getting all the parts I need for the doors. Rebuilding vent windows is the current issue but it looks like I can get everything I need unless anyone here has a complete good unit for the drivers side??

Comment

Since you are going to Dallas, try Bob Helm in Royce City, outside of Dallas. He has a lot of parts. Great guy, advertises in TW. Phone number is: 972-843-3402.

Comment

Working...
                              X