Dr. Pepper 1966 Excalibur SS Contest Commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Pepper 1966 Excalibur SS Contest Commercial

I just noticed this on Youtube, I'm not sure where to place it. Pretty neat commercial, says that two were up for grabs. I wonder if anybody got them.

I wonder if Dr. Pepper was still pretty regional back in the mid-60's... I bet the people who won the electric typewriters were thrilled...

Comment

Don't know for sure...but I'd guess that new car sales of the Series I Excalibur were pretty slow. Today, the Series I has become a red hot item!

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
        I wonder if Dr. Pepper was still pretty regional back in the mid-60's... I bet the people who won the electric typewriters were thrilled...
        As I recall, it was 1977 when they went mainstream, and they were giving away a mint, unrestored 1958 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. It was called the "Most Original Sweepstakes" and that was the first prize.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
          I wonder if Dr. Pepper was still pretty regional back in the mid-60's......
          By the mid 60s they were trying to go nationwide, I recall Dr Pepper ads on American bandstand and in the glossy magazines (Life, Look, etc) of the day.
          Based on nothing but those memories, I'd suggest in the early 60s they were regional.

It's said that after WWII, still small Dallas only had two major firms HQ'd there...Dr. Pepper and Lays Potato Chips. Sounds like a good snack.
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Just found this on the HAMB:
            Attached Files
            Scott Rodgers
            Los Angeles
            SDC Member since 1989
            \'60 Lark HT
            \'63 Wagonaire
            \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

A COLOR TV AND AN ELECTRIC TYPE WRITER!!!!!!!!! Why I'll be the talk of the town with all these fine new gadgets!!!!!!

Comment

Anyone interested in some Studebaker SS/Mercebaker/Ecalibur SS literature? I have a 1964 Road & Track road test article, a 1969 Factory Sales Brochure, a 69 Factory Color Chart, 2- 1969 Factory Post Cards, and a 20 page Collectible Automobile Article. $40.00 for all plus postage, or I can bring to York Swap Meet.
                Jim
                I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I remember seeing a spread on those cars in some mag, when they were new.
                  I thought they were the coolest thing ever.
                  Still look pretty good to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X